02-21-2015, 08:33 AM
User Info
has anyone else had trouble with receiving orders or information about orders. I ordered three separate times from here one on February 3rd, February 6th and February 8th. I. Was charged separate shipping charges on the feb 6th and 8th order but they were boxed and shipped together. I thought they should have refunded me one shipping charge but I guess it my fault for making two orders two days apart (my wife wanted to try some vie long makeup brushes). I recieved the orders from February 6th and 8th this Tuesday but I still have not recieved the order from feb 3rd. I emailed them to confirm receipt of the February 6th and 8th order and asked how I could find out about the missing order that should have been recieved first. I asked questions about how to find out about this order and all i Recieved was this response

Dear Edward,

Many thanks for your email and also for your orders. I understand that you are happy with your products. 
Shoud you have any querie, do nñot hesitate in contacting us.

Best Regards,

Mamen Guzmán
Customer service

I have since emailed two more times trying to get a response from them about this order and I just recently had my wife (who is from Mexico) type the last email in Spanish and I still have not had a response.  

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems is this pattern behavior or unusual?

Thanks

5 116
 02-21-2015, 08:44 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Shipping charges are supposed to reflect actual shipping charges, not some arbitrary tax paid to the vendor. This is why I think it's disingenuous when eBayers charge $1 for an item with $20 in shipping. As a vendor, if you need to charge $15 for an item, plus $6 in shipping in order to make a profit, then do that, not some shell game trying to lure people in with a deflated price only to hit them up for way more than the cost of shipping.

Likewise, if your two orders were shipped together, then it's reasonable to expect one of your charges refunded. (Assuming we're not talking about 20kg worth of product.)

Regarding their lack of a decent reply, things happen, and I'm usually willing to cut vendors some slack, assuming they do get in touch with you and apologize.

Keep the forum updated with your progress. I know Gifts and Care is a pretty large vendor, and I hope they do right by you. I wouldn't say they've totally screwed up yet. They have an opportunity to make things right.

22 828
 02-21-2015, 09:07 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I've never had an issue with Gifts&Care in the 3 years that I've been dealing with them .. excellent service with over a dozen orders.

102 18,652
 02-21-2015, 09:11 AM
User Info
I had good experiences with up till now,   Now I would be worried about ordering something expensive from them I hope they are just busy and haven't had time to respond but I dont know how to explain the response email?

5 116
 02-21-2015, 01:07 PM
User Info
I have dealth with them 10-12 times total, only one issue with a missing parcel, which they kindly and promptly reshipped to me making things right.

Have only good things to say about them.

24 5,966
 02-23-2015, 01:18 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I have nothing but good things to say about G&C, even with their pricey shipping charges.  I would be patient on your original order as it is probably held up in customs and should be coming along soon.  Juan is available through private messaging here if you would like another method of contact.  Patience is a virtue and is often rewarded.

144 2,751
 02-23-2015, 02:39 PM
User Info
From  G&C i can only say the best. I'm from Portugal and this makes shipping usually more simple. I place an order on Monday and by Wednesday it's already at my home. And let me tell you that their office is some 900 Km from my home. The only issue i can see here is from the shipping company and not G&C they are really fast in sending the orders out, and all they send is carefully packed.  

Have only good things to say about them.

0 236
 02-23-2015, 02:47 PM
  • Ram57
  • Boise, ID
User Info
Have ordered over half dozen times from them with zero issues. Last order placed for five items little over a week ago so package should arrive soon.

103 2,041