02-22-2015, 02:43 PM
User Info
Any suggestions for a quality dragon's blood scented soap or cream? I've seen a few on etsy but I would rather go with a product that other Nook members have tried. Any suggestion are appreciated.

0 143
 02-22-2015, 02:55 PM
User Info
Never used it but Dapper Dragons is pretty popular.

147 3,536
 02-22-2015, 03:20 PM
User Info
I have seen these for while but is there much variety? What is the scent of a standard dragon's blood fragrance?

79 1,338
 02-22-2015, 04:34 PM
User Info
(02-22-2015, 03:20 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: I have seen these for while but is there much variety? What is the scent of a standard dragon's blood fragrance?

"A mysterious, sweet, earthy aroma. Notes of amber, patchouli, rose and sandalwood blends with nuances of jasmine and citrus to bring out subtle spice undertones. Base notes of vanilla and powder completes this scent."
This is a nice description of Dragon's Blood scent from a supplier of fragrance oil for soap making.

0 143
 02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
  • clk
  • Louisville, Kentucky
User Info
I have Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood Shave Soap, and I like it.  It is a glycerin soap, the scent is very strong, and others have reported irritation when using it.   I have used Queen Charlotte's Dragon's Blood bath soap, and it was very nice with no irritation.  I don't know if QCS has a Dragon's Blood scented shave soap, but if they do, and it is anything like the bath soap, it should be nice.

0 230
 02-25-2015, 07:02 PM
User Info
I think these blends are "Dragon's Blood substitute". 
The "real thing" is still an umbrella term for the resin from a few different plants, mostly Draecana trees/shrubs.  But several others, having little to do with amber, sandalwood, patchouli and the rest.

This makes it difficult to know what scent you're getting, one supplier to the next.

7 315
 02-26-2015, 12:14 PM
User Info
After watching a review from Chris(TSE) about Reef Point Soaps I checked out their site and found they make a Dragon's Blood tallow shave soap. I received my order today and tried it out. Excellent performance on this soap and the scent is exactly what I was looking for! They also sent me a sample of their Submariner scent, can't wait to try it as the scent is awesome. I find it hard to explain scents so I wont try but I really like it.

0 143
 03-04-2015, 08:47 AM
User Info
+1 on the Reef Point,I've been using mine for about 3 months.Another  I just recently purchased is Country Club new shaving soap Dragons Blood that I like just as much.The Country Club has a little stronger fragrance but it is not offensive.It goes well with Kevins A/S......I also find it hard to explain the aroma only to say I like it a lot..Ernie

20 441