02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
Opinions on the shave quality from those who have used this rare specimen?
  • Maneuverability
  • Blade Placement 
  • Aggressiveness
  • Top Cap Height
  • Ouch !

[Image: kZqv0Ni.jpg]

7 245
 02-24-2015, 06:06 PM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
 02-25-2015, 06:36 AM
User Info
Super aggressive razor and not really effective, I would say it's just ok for collection and not for shave, imho.

14 250
 02-25-2015, 01:35 PM
User Info
Anyone who really used it? My experience with vintage razors is not that bad! Who would have bought it, if it´d not be somewhat of a good shave IMO

21 1,175
 02-25-2015, 02:46 PM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
Good info, thank you.

Possible low profile torqued blade slant in the future then for us.

We really should stop, can iKon just stop.   

2vikoro  Wave1

7 245
 02-26-2015, 04:20 AM
User Info
I have one. They're pretty good, actually. I don't find it particularly aggressive, and it does actually work pretty well. The trick is to get used to the low weight. 
  • Maneuverability - very maneuverable
  • Blade Placement - I have no issues with it. The posts are pretty thick, allowing little movement of the blade. 
  • Aggressiveness - Not super-aggressive
  • Top Cap Height - Nice profile - not very tall
  • Ouch ! - can bite, especially if you have flaws or your technique slips

37 1,743
 02-26-2015, 02:48 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I had one and enjoyed the shave, it was about as aggressive as I would care for.  I only sold it because I am concerned using plastic pieces, that I might somehow break them.  I had the same fear with my "Italian Barber" style bakelite slants and sold those as well.

149 2,822
 02-26-2015, 05:52 PM
User Info
I have one - a two tone brown handle white top. I find it to be a 7-8 on a scale with R41 2013 at 9.5. No problem with blade alignment, and I like the steep angle + torque on the blade. Once you find the right angle, it is smooth and gets me to BBS in 2 passes. It is a bit light being bakelite... could use 10-20 grams more weight...

18 194
 05-14-2016, 02:40 PM
User Info
I have one as well.  I've shaved with it twice.  Today in particular.  I really enjoy the open comb and felt that it kept the blade from being overly aggressive.  My blade of choice was a Iraeli Red Personna.  For such a steep slant, I was amazed that I didn't have a single weeper.  I typically have at least one.  I'm rotating between this, the IB NOS Bakelite Slant, the Razorock Stealth Slant, and the iKon Slant.  I actually think that this one is the least aggressiveve.  It took more passes than the others to achieve BBS, but it did not break my skin at all, even on my lip.  Will continue to test.

0 1
 05-15-2016, 07:25 AM
User Info
I have six. They differ in grip-type and therefore weight, and in head. Also got Fasan-clones by Trumpf, KWC and Pneumant. They are more than medium-aggressive, rather effective shavers. Their slant is somewhat more pronounced than with most others.
  • Maneuverability
    Rather good.
  • Blade Placement
    I have one with alignment-issues, you need to take care with that one. The others have no issues, and placing a blade is no more difficult than with any other of my slants.
  • Aggressiveness
    More than medium aggressive, but very doable.
  • Top Cap Height
    Excellent
  • Ouch !
    Can bite, and will if your technique s lacking or if you apply more than a  minimum of pressure.

3 109
 05-16-2016, 09:30 AM
User Info
I really would like to see razors move toward the low profile rigid blade type design. I don't mind large head razors I just greatly prefer a small head design , with an ultra rigid blade.

63 1,597