02-26-2015, 04:52 PM
User Info
Mary Lou and I took a road trip today. Jump in the car and stop anywhere that suits your fancy. We wound up in Milford, NH.

Stopped at a diner for lunch. Had breakfast for lunch. I love the "trucker style" breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 pancakes, 2 bacon strips, 2 sausage links, homefries and toast. I think my cholesterol will be elevated for a week Biggrin

We hit a bunch of antique shops. One had a consignment booth that sold DE razors and fountain pens. Just a half dozen of each. ML picked up a Waterman Phileas.
It is blue marble which is no surprise to any one here Sleepy

[Image: 2hOBgVk.jpg]

It came with a stainless steel medium nib.
[Image: 9RTYrDc.jpg]

The vendor included a free bottle of ink. They were all Noodlers - blues or blacks. ML chose the Bad Belted Kingfisher
[Image: UfEfZTE.jpg]

I posted recently about my aversion to Noodlers. ML inked the pen and it wrote extremely well. She is going to use the ink. On paper it is a slate or steel blue. A nice color. ML and I both like it. It handles nicely. No bleed through, no feathering even on cheap paper and it did well for me as a left handed write. 

The pen is nicely balance both posted and not. The nib is very smooth. It is nice to look at as well.

The sharp eyed amongst you Sherlock will notice ML has added another re-purposed perfume bottle to her ink bottle collection. Wink

We hit a few more shops but the pen was our only purchase forthe day.

Phil

7 363
 02-26-2015, 05:11 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Very Nice Phil and Mary Lou. The Blue Marble looks wonderful. 
I may have to get that "Truckers Breakfast"!

59 4,378
 02-26-2015, 05:12 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Nice one, Phil and Mary Lou.  Enjoy the pen and ink. Smile

2 11,211
 02-26-2015, 06:05 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
Very nice! I acquired a Phileas recently, and it is a fine writer. I find it dries out more quickly than my other pens--even though the cap clicks nicely, I wonder if it is not quite airtight enough.

Hope you enjoy the pen...and the ink.

60 843
 02-28-2015, 11:21 AM
User Info
Phil, that is a lovely pen!  Thumbup

82 21,056