06-06-2012, 01:58 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Hey all,

B&B has a closed thread about this Spainard's custom handles...

here is a UTube link

*PEEING MY PANTS* waiting for these to be available for sale Blush

*UPDATE* - website for UFO handles, with sales info!
http://www.uforazorhandles.com/

9 1,684
 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
User Info
How can we be notified when these are available?

Daddy like!

0 140
 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
what happened,do you know?

86 7,123
 06-06-2012, 06:47 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(06-06-2012, 04:40 PM)Teiste Wrote: what happened,do you know?

Hey Teiste!
The mod warned that since the vendor was not the one advertising for awareness, than folks should stop posting in that thread. Well, I was curious as to who the maker is, so I searched him out on YouTube (the thread is in the B&B Vendor Items for Sale).

Near the end of the posts in that thread, the person writing on behalf of interest for the handles, stated he would advertise again when the handles are available... I have NO Idea if there is a Spanish website carrying any of the maker's wares or not... could be a project for you to find out, no? Wink

BTW folks, go by the B&B and look through that thread in the Vendors Items for Sale, it is a CLOSED thread, but there are many Beautiful!!! Pictures of some prototypes...

I am SOOOO anxious for the maker to start selling his handles!
Biggrin

here is the link to the thread, starts out strong with pics (you may need to be part of B&B in order to see the pictures in their total size and glory!)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....erid=36535

happy looking! Babeando

9 1,684
 06-07-2012, 01:06 AM
User Info
There's a topic about those handles in the Portuguese forum also. Ufo's handles are made by a spanish artisan, very well known in one of the Spanish shaving forums (afeitadoclasico)

They are made in 316L stainless steel, and the screw thread is of the metric type, compatible with the old Gillettes (like the NEW's) and also with the Edwin Jaggers, Muhles, etc.

2 5,527
 06-07-2012, 01:16 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(06-06-2012, 06:47 PM)gijames Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 04:40 PM)Teiste Wrote: what happened,do you know?

Hey Teiste!
The mod warned that since the vendor was not the one advertising for awareness, than folks should stop posting in that thread. Well, I was curious as to who the maker is, so I searched him out on YouTube (the thread is in the B&B Vendor Items for Sale).

Near the end of the posts in that thread, the person writing on behalf of interest for the handles, stated he would advertise again when the handles are available... I have NO Idea if there is a Spanish website carrying any of the maker's wares or not... could be a project for you to find out, no? Wink

BTW folks, go by the B&B and look through that thread in the Vendors Items for Sale, it is a CLOSED thread, but there are many Beautiful!!! Pictures of some prototypes...

I am SOOOO anxious for the maker to start selling his handles!
Biggrin

here is the link to the thread, starts out strong with pics (you may need to be part of B&B in order to see the pictures in their total size and glory!)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....erid=36535

happy looking! Babeando

Interesting.Thanks for the info.

86 7,123
 06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
User Info
Rafael, the artisan, will be making a few available to B&B members at some point, but i think it may be a limited number. i am supposed to get mine soon as a friend in Spain was very kind in procuring one for me, so if and when i get it, i will post pictures for all of you to see the work. i think they may be comparable to Cooncat Bob's.
i highly doubt they will become available here in CAN/US, but i hope i am mistaken. i will also notify you of the price.

75 20,883
 06-07-2012, 08:23 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Eagerly awaiting your update Celestino!

91 17,795
 06-07-2012, 08:55 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Smile
this is from Emilio (friend of the maker)

Quote:Hi James!
There is no website to sell handles.
You must be aware in the coming weeks as I'll open a thread for the sale of the handles, I can not personally notify each potential buyer, I hope you will understand.
Thank you very much for showing your interest and greetings from Spain!
Emilio

... weeeeee , now for the wait! Tongue

9 1,684
 06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
The handles were shown awhile back on SMF. Nice video and beautiful work. Thanks for posting.

100 12,436
 06-07-2012, 11:38 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I'm curious as to what they will cost. You can get an iKon for $50, a Tradere for $44, or a Weber for $38. They look good for sure.

116 3,804
 06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
(06-07-2012, 11:38 AM)Dave Wrote: I'm curious as to what they will cost. You can get an iKon for $50, a Tradere for $44, or a Weber for $38. They look good for sure.

If they are made in Spain. I'm sure they will cost more than 50 USD.

1 265
 06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
User Info
Rafael´s handles are completely handmade and can not be compared with Ikon, Tradere and Weber,sincerely...
This afternoon I talked to Rafael and he told me that within a week or so he will have a blog

1 57
 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(06-08-2012, 01:43 PM)milogciachez Wrote: Rafael´s handles are completely handmade and can not be compared with Ikon, Tradere and Weber,sincerely...
This afternoon I talked to Rafael and he told me that within a week or so he will have a blog

Hey Emilio!
Welcome Aboard the Nook!
thanks for stopping by!
will you post here as well as B&B when they become available?

por favor!!!
Biggrin

9 1,684
 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
User Info
OK, I will report back to you here the news, the problem of Rafael is that he has very little free time, it is a pity that he has no more free time

1 57
 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
(06-08-2012, 01:43 PM)milogciachez Wrote: Rafael´s handles are completely handmade and can not be compared with Ikon, Tradere and Weber,sincerely...

No offense but the handles that Greg, Richard, and Weber make are fine handles as well. I view each of them just as much of an artist as anyone else.

116 3,804
 06-08-2012, 02:47 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Just for the record the handles pictured in the Video from Spain are NOT hand made..they are nicely machined by a skilled craftsman. If they were truly HAND Made they would be carved out of whatever material using primative stones. As nice as they look (and they do) they are no better than the handles from Weber,Tradere,Ikon ,Eskimo..Elite,Rodney Neep or the custom creations from Robert Smith aka BRW aka Cooncat Bob who is recently deceased. So being that this is a no BS site don,t over state your description please. Nice handles but made in the 21 century using production tools by a skilled crafsman...I,ll give you that.

6 1,913
 06-08-2012, 03:13 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Well,Im sure that Rafael's handles are pretty cool too.Looking forward to read more about them.

86 7,123
 06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(06-08-2012, 02:16 PM)Dave Wrote: No offense but the handles that Greg, Richard, and Weber make are fine handles as well. I view each of them just as much of an artist as anyone else.

I Agree! ALL of them are fine artisans Smile

9 1,684
 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
(06-08-2012, 02:47 PM)Harvey Wrote: Just for the record the handles pictured in the Video from Spain are NOT hand made..they are nicely machined by a skilled craftsman. If they were truly HAND Made they would be carved out of whatever material using primative stones. As nice as they look (and they do) they are no better than the handles from Weber,Tradere,Ikon ,Eskimo..Elite,Rodney Neep or the custom creations from Robert Smith aka BRW aka Cooncat Bob who is recently deceased. So being that this is a no BS site don,t over state your description please. Nice handles but made in the 21 century using production tools by a skilled crafsman...I,ll give you that.

Perhaps he meant machined by hand, instead of pumped out by a CNC.

135 1,944