12-03-2016, 11:29 AM
User Info
They warned me as a kid... "If you keep playing along the creek bank, you'll fall in".
I kept thinking about the Guard, reading and watching reviews.  I fell in this morning!  I broke down and ordered a couple of razors and cartridges from an ebay seller.
I have been a rabid DE shaver for just over a year now, but curiosity got the best of me.  Blush

1 6
 12-19-2016, 04:00 PM
User Info
I just used a Gillette Guard. I'd purchased a few a couple of years ago and never went to one. I'm an avid DE/SE guy, stricken with the trifecta of illnesses: SBAD, RAD, & SSAD.

So I was supposed to be flying to a meeting today, with a short connector. I decided to carry on, which I rarely do. I spoil myself by usually checking a bag loaded with the soap, razor, brush, and blade of the latest obsession.

So I packed a Guard and a Bic Metal, another favorite of mine. Also packed a tube of Speick, a small tub of grated Speick soap, my Stirling little Brudder synthetic.

At 12:30am last night, the phone rang and my first leg of my trip was cancelled by the airline. Not having another choice, I made a 6 1/2 hour drive today.

Last minute, I threw my injector into the bag, since I no longer had to deal with TSA.

Checked into my hotel after the looooong drive and decided to get my shave over with tonight. I decided to use the Guard after reading this thread last night.

Wow!!!!! I am stupefied!!!! The Guard is a wonderful option! I mowed down 2 days of growth in 3 passes and achieved solid BBS. Not cartridge BBS....solid BBS!

I'm probably going to get kicked out of the restaurant for public faceturbating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 309
 01-15-2017, 05:58 PM
User Info
Just ordered a Gillette Guard for head shaving.  Many head shavers swear by them.  (I use a DE for my face.)

1 79
 01-27-2017, 08:14 AM
User Info
I have been using the guard on my head for over 1 year---fabulous for head shaves,not so much for the face

1 101
 01-29-2017, 04:09 AM
User Info
(01-27-2017, 08:14 AM)beisler Wrote: I have been using the guard on my head for over 1 year---fabulous for head shaves,not so much for the face

How many head shaves do you get per cartridge?

1 79
 01-30-2017, 01:02 PM
User Info
Alot---I shave my head every day,so not alot of work---I guess each cartdrige lasts me 2 weeks and I bought 50 carts about 2 years ago.
(01-15-2017, 05:58 PM)GoHabs Wrote: Just ordered a Gillette Guard for head shaving.  Many head shavers swear by them.  (I use a DE for my face.)

(01-29-2017, 04:09 AM)GoHabs Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 08:14 AM)beisler Wrote: I have been using the guard on my head for over 1 year---fabulous for head shaves,not so much for the face

How many head shaves do you get per cartridge?
Alot---I shave my head every day,so not alot of work---I guess each cartdrige lasts me 2 weeks and I bought 50 carts about 2 years ago.

1 101