03-03-2015, 05:30 PM
User Info
I like Old Spice. For Christmas I received some vintage Old Spice mugs. I decided they needed Old Spice scented soaps and posted asking for suggestions.

I selected the following:
[Image: cNHc616.jpg]

Mystic Water Soap - Windjammer
Soap Commander - Endurance 
Stirling - Stirling spice

I have used all 3 for 5 shaves. I used a Gillette 1960 SuperSpeed with a feather blade, an Old Spice boar brush, the selected Old Spice scented soap and followed up with Old Spice aftershave and cologne. Did I mention I like Old Spice?

Customer Service: Excellent for all 3. Products ordered late Thursday nigh and arrived in unison the following Tuesday. The Soap Commander was ordered from Razor Blades and More as the Soap Commander website was out of stock.

Mystic Water Soap - Windjammer
Scent - faint to very faint smell of soap. Asked 5 other people to sniff. No one identified it as Old Spice. This was a disappointment as scent was the main reason for buying this.
Lather - just wonderful. Easy and copious. Lots of glide and gave a great shave.  The lather smell like - yep, soap. No Old Spice coming through.
Value - $9.91 + $4 S&H. 4 0z puck.
Comments - A great soap. I love the performance of this soap. I just wish it smelled like Old Spice. even a little.

Soap Commander - Endurance 
Scent - a weak Old Spice scent. My 5 helpers all identified the scent as Old Spice.
Lather - Very easy to lather as this is a soft soap. The lather had a good Old Spice scent. Much stronger than the dry soap. This was a thick and slick lather. As good as any I have produced.
I scooped this soap from the jar and transferred it to an Old Spice mug two weeks ago. I still get a great scented lather. I like this soap and scent.
Value -  $15 + $4 S&H. 6 oz jar. Razor Blades and More threw in several balm and aftershave samples.
Comments - A great soap with a great scent.

Stirling - Stirling Spice

Scent - Very strong Old Spice scent. My 5 helpers all identified the scent as Old Spice.
Lather - Very easy to lather as this is a soft soap. I pressed the whole puck into the blue Old Spice mug. The lather smells wonderful. It may be too strong of a scent for some but not for me.
The lather is slick and cushioning. Gives a great shave
Value -  $7 + $5 S&H. 4.4 oz puck. Stirling threw in a soap sample puck.
Comments - A great soap with a great scent.

Rating:
This was hard to do as all 3 are excellent soaps. Probably the best soaps I have ever tried. That said it came down to scent.
1. Stirling Spice
2. Soap Commander Endurance
3. Windjammer

Phil

7 363
 03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Very nice write up on a classic scent, Phil! All three soap brands are excellent, although I can't say I tried any of the Old Spice scented soaps...might have to change that Wink

34 1,628
 03-03-2015, 07:38 PM
User Info
Very nice write up! I too love Old Spice.

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975
 03-03-2015, 07:48 PM
User Info
I appreciate feedback on my scents because without it there's no way to know if something needs to be tweaked or improved.  Scent strength duly noted, check.

0 280
 03-04-2015, 10:19 AM
  • Java
  • Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
User Info
Well done, Phil. My one and only Old Spice mug currently holds a puck of WSO's version. It's a wonderful soap, and I like the scent, but it's not an altogether accurate Old Spice scent. It's a hard soap, and in my rotation will likely last for years, but I had been teetering on the brink of ordering some Stirling to try. I do believe you've pushed me over the edge........

0 272
 03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Don't forget Wickham's Spice trade...

168 1,376