03-04-2015, 03:18 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
When I opened my mailbox about a week ago, there was a surprise package waiting for me from Phil and Mary Lou.  I have been playing with the goodies all week. Smile

The ink samples are from Diamine's 150th Anniversary collection.  Diamine is a favorite brand of mine because of choice of colors and ink flow.  I have tried the Terracotta and Tropical Green, so far, and plan to work my way through the others, as well.

The TWSBI ink well is perfect for filling my TWSBI Vac 700.  I have the bigger one that I use for my TWSBI 540 and Mini and they are great pieces of engineering, making for a very easy and mess free ink fill.

The paper has been an absolute revelation and I love it.  It is great for practice writing, which is what I've used it for so far, but will also make a rather elegant friendly letter. The paper is so thin that only one side may be used but the writing experience with the fountain pens I've tried it with is amazing.

So Phil and Mary Lou, a million thanks for these.  I am delighted with everything. Thumbsup

[Image: fRP8XIw.jpg]

Also, Phil, should you happen to see this post, I received the Fahrney's Pens catalogue today and one of the things made me think of you.  I realize that one of the right handed notebooks can be turned upside down but it's great that left handers are not being forgotten. Biggrin

[Image: D1pqnf0.jpg]

2 11,211
 03-04-2015, 09:56 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Freddy!  Thumbsup

83 21,081
 03-04-2015, 10:00 PM
User Info
  Freddy, you're making me crazy. Now I have to get a TWSBI 700 Vac, what nib to get, more ink, now a different paper, more penmanship practice…. it never ends……

My son wants more cursive to do and when the pen and Poppy red arrive tomorrow…..hold onto your horses. To all who post here , thanks for getting me back into actually making a FP an everyday tool and enjoying the heck outta it. If not for reading here about the Varsity pen and getting it for my son to try for his cursive……..Without that pen he would have been seriously disadvantaged. I think more kids should be exposed to joys to express their selves through penmanship. I think putting an actual pen, with ink in it, and manipulating it to bring forth words and ideas is fabulous. Think Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and Treaty of Paris, all of which were signed by Ben Franklin.
I think we are in good company.

2 226
 03-05-2015, 06:52 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
(03-04-2015, 10:00 PM)Charlie NEPA Wrote:   Freddy, you're making me crazy. Now I have to get a TWSBI 700 Vac, what nib to get, more ink, now a different paper, more penmanship practice…. it never ends……

My son wants more cursive to do and when the pen and Poppy red arrive tomorrow…..hold onto your horses. To all who post here , thanks for getting me back into actually making a FP an everyday tool and enjoying the heck outta it. If not for reading here about the Varsity pen and getting it for my son to try for his cursive……..Without that pen he would have been seriously disadvantaged. I think more kids should be exposed to joys to express their selves through penmanship. I think putting an actual pen, with ink in it, and manipulating it to bring forth words and ideas is fabulous. Think Declaration of Independence, The Constitution, and Treaty of Paris, all of which were signed by Ben Franklin.
I think we are in good company.

I couldn't agree more, Charlie. Thumbsup

P.S. Sorry for being such an enabler.  Angel

2 11,211
 03-05-2015, 06:40 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
Awesome Freddy.  Congrats on the samples, well and paper.

18 1,186
 03-05-2015, 08:27 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
Thanks, Clinton.  The gift was truly unexpected but very much appreciated.  Smile

2 11,211
 03-06-2015, 05:45 PM
User Info
(03-04-2015, 03:18 PM)freddy Wrote: When I opened my mailbox about a week ago, there was a surprise package waiting for me from Phil and Mary Lou.  I have been playing with the goodies all week. Smile

The ink samples are from Diamine's 150th Anniversary collection.  Diamine is a favorite brand of mine because of choice of colors and ink flow.  I have tried the Terracotta and Tropical Green, so far, and plan to work my way through the others, as well.

The TWSBI ink well is perfect for filling my TWSBI Vac 700.  I have the bigger one that I use for my TWSBI 540 and Mini and they are great pieces of engineering, making for a very easy and mess free ink fill.

The paper has been an absolute revelation and I love it.  It is great for practice writing, which is what I've used it for so far, but will also make a rather elegant friendly letter. The paper is so thin that only one side may be used but the writing experience with the fountain pens I've tried it with is amazing.

So Phil and Mary Lou, a million thanks for these.  I am delighted with everything. Thumbsup
freddy,
We are glad you enjoyed the package. I knew you had a VAC 700 in orange and the inkwell with the orange cap seemed a perfect fit. ML has the TWBSI Diamond inkwell she uses with her 580 and it is an awesome system. But personally I think the VAC 700 and the small TWSBI inkwell make an even better pairing. It is a simple and elegant mess free way to fill the pen.
Thanks for the heads up on the leftie notebooks. Unfortunately they don't offer blank sheets. My poor penmanship gets even worse when forced to write small enough to fit on the lines.
Phil

7 363