03-05-2015, 09:29 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Prices include shipping to US and paypal fees.  Priced to sell quickly, if these don't sell here they will be posted elsewhere in a couple days.  International buyers welcome if willing to pay the extra shipping costs.  

Da Vinci 291 Silvertip (25x59mm)

This brush was purchased new last year as I enjoy the 296 so much and has only been used a few times.  It is in mint condition with no defects (shedding) and comes with the original box.  Unfortunately the 291 is just a little too large on my face (I face lather exclusively).  The knot on this is fairly dense which gives it a decent amount of backbone which is surprising at this higher loft.  The tips are naturally soft, about on par with Simpsons Super, but not as soft as brushes with bleached tips.  The handle is very ergonomic, a cousin of the Tulip.  This best price currently for this brush is $140 on Amazon.  You can have this for $110. Now  $95

[Image: xZWVkLR.jpg][Image: lbSy205.jpg][Image: amXZbLQ.jpg]

Unknown German Faux Horn Octagonal handle w/ Ace Finest Knot (24 x 51mm)

I purchased this handle with a worn out silvertip knot and proceeded to replace it with an Ace Finest.  Somewhere in the process of the transplant I managed to crack the handle in two locations (visible at the top of the handle in the first two pictures).  The knot has soft tips with moderate backbone.  The knot has been set with silicone adhesive so you could adjust the loft if wanted or transplant it to another restoration project.  No shedding.  $25 Now $20

[Image: zdZReN3.jpg][Image: VIuNEu3.jpg]

This brush was also bought new last year and used twice.  Again, this brush is in mint condition with no defects.  I believe it to be made by Vulfix as the characteristics are spot on for what I remember from my 374 only with a larger knot and much more ergonomic handle.  The knot has enough backbone to face lather hard soaps, which is how I used it, but it just isn't as dense as I prefer.  The tips are on par with good batches of Simpson Best meaning you will get a small scritch sensation without being irritating at all.  The handle is this brushes largest asset as it is among the most comfortable that I have ever used.  It easily lends itself to bowl or face lathering.  I got this brush on closeout and am going to pass on the savings.  $95 SOLD!!!  

139 2,677
 03-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Mason Pearson Sold

139 2,677
 03-11-2015, 09:28 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
New offer update.

139 2,677
 03-15-2015, 07:57 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Prices reduced

139 2,677
 03-15-2015, 08:34 AM
  • Ram57
  • Boise, ID
User Info
Surprised no one has bought the 291. I have the 290 and I think it is great brush. I ended up selling my Kent BK8 and Rooney 1/2 as the 25mm Da Vinci has more backbone even at the higher loft.

101 1,987
 03-15-2015, 09:42 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(03-15-2015, 08:34 AM)Ram57 Wrote: Surprised no one has bought the 291. I have the 290 and I think it is great brush. I ended up selling my Kent BK8 and Rooney 1/2 as the 25mm Da Vinci has more backbone even at the higher loft.

Agree completely.

Archive please, going to try a different route with these.

139 2,677