03-07-2015, 07:09 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Time to thin out razors I don't reach for often.  All are shave ready to my standards and have been finished on either Apache Strata, Surg Black Ark or Shapton Glass 16k, and stropped on Scrupleworks..  ready to go.

All prices include shipping in the US and payment by PayPal only, please.  Troubles with overseas shipping leave me wary.  If you're outside the US and wish to pay actual shipping with insurance, I'd be happy to ship to you!!   I am open to discussing trades and am looking for a satin Mongoose and a Feather Artist Club AC, DX folder.

Brian Brown Custom [SOLD]:  This is an 8/8 quarter hollow.  Brian acid etched the blade to give it a beautiful patina.  Barber's notch, gentle smile and scalloped & worked tang.  Closes dead center in pre-ban ivory scales, with red G10 liners and wedge.  The micro-fasteners have been given the same acid treatment and match the blade.  Incredible razor.  Finished on Apache Strata.  Offered for sale, $475 $435
Click the image for more pictures
[Image: IMG_20140921_175530-M.jpg]

Taylor's of Sheffield ~ EyeWitness, The 3000 Special:  I've owned two of these.. seen only one other.  A very unique razor that has a shorter than normal cutting edge and extra long double jimped shank in a standard razors size.  It's not a recovery.  Rather, it was a special project from one of the old Taylor's of Sheffield grinders and was reportedly made for gents with larger hands.  Cutting edge is 2 1/8" (I love shorty blades).  13/16, full hollow with a French tip.  Blade etching is superbly crisp, as is the tang.  The scales are black resin or bone.  No wedge.  It uses an open ivory-esque covered post at both the wedge end as well as the third pin.  I find no flaws, no spine wear, marks or issues.  Closes dead center and is possibly the smoothest closing razor I have held.  Includes the original box in very good, but not perfect condition.  Edge is super keen and was finished on Apache Strata.  Offered for sale, $250.  $225

[Image: 2013-06-15%20Taylors%203000%2004-M.jpg]

Bengall / Max Sprecher [TRADED]:  7/8 square point.  Full hollow.  Rescaled by Max Sprecher with incredible translucent green acrylic scales and a really cool wedge.. wedge material escapes me.  Crazy nice edge, finished to 16k on Shapton Glass stone.  No hone wear.  Brush/soap not included.  Offered for sale, $250.

[Image: 2015-01-28%2013.28.13-M.jpg]

W.Engells - New York, Velvet Edge:  Really great shaver.  15/16 full hollow square point.  Not sure how best to describe the acrylic scales.. the picture does a better job.  Tang is covered with a yellow pearl acrylic that has a crack at the back side pin and middle.  Stabilized with CA.  Closes smooth, tight and dead center.  Stone not included.  Offered for sale, $115.  $100

[Image: Engles%20Velvet%20Edge%20%281%20of%205%29-M.jpg]

Unknown maker:  I bought it a while ago because I love covered tangs, French drop tips and cow bone and this one has all three.  A snick under 15/16, full hollow.  As noted, the scales are aged cow bone.  No cracks or chips.  Wedge is black.  Blade closes on center but is a wee bit loose.  I could tighten it, or not.  Tang is fully covered.. I would say it's an acrylic of some kind.  Shows very little hone wear.  For a simple razor the shave is sublime.  I'd have to check my log, but I think this is finished on the Apache Strata.  Barber's hone not included.  Offered for sale, $75.   $65 

[Image: 2015-03-07%20Covered%20Tang%20007-M.jpg]

EveRite Safety Straights:  I have a few of these in NOS condition.  Interesting little razors that shave as both a safety razor and/or straight.  I use one as a travel razor.  Comes in it's box with an integral hone and strop.  The strops usually need some treatment to soften them.  None have been honed and most have some age spots.  They typically go for $40 - $50 depending on condition.  I mention them just to balance out a trade if needed..

[Image: 2013-08-15%20Everite%20Safety%20Straight%2008-M.jpg]

Links to galleries show other razors, strops, hones, brushes etc...  Only those items listed above are currently for sale/trade.

33 914
 03-07-2015, 01:54 PM
User Info
Wow! That Bengall is something else, congratulations to the new owner. Would of loved to have had a chance at that one. That BB is no chopped liver either, exceptional price. GLWTS!

~Royce

4 377
 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM
User Info
That is a gorgeous brush.

0 858
 03-13-2015, 02:27 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Prices reduced...  Still looking for a Feather Dx folder...

Also interested in DE handles...as if I don't have enough already..

33 914
 03-14-2015, 07:58 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Found the Dx Folder..  Razors still available!!

33 914
 03-18-2015, 02:20 AM
  • MikekiM
  • Long Island, NY
User Info
Last reduction..

Open to trades for straights, strops, DE's and brushes...

33 914