03-09-2015, 03:27 PM
User Info
**SOLD**

Hi there !

Up for sale today is maybe the most beautiful piece of my shaving cabinet. Kindal razors are often seen, Kindal travel cases are quite scarce, but a Kindal brush, now that's a rarity. This travel case is branded Kindal, and used to hold 2 razors (I found it without them, so tey are not included, but can be found in the wild !). The main interest here is the Ivory brush, with its loft still soft and beautiful (ok, it still smells like an attic).

Now some pictures :

[Image: IMG_6485.jpg]

As you can see half of the closing thingy was ripped and is missing... ='( But the quality of the leather is absolutely high-end, still gorgeous !

[Image: IMG_6469.jpg]

And now the brush, Ladies and Gentlemen :

[Image: IMG_6477.jpg]

More pictures (click on them to enlarge) :

[Image: IMG_6465.jpg] [Image: IMG_6468.jpg] [Image: IMG_6469.jpg] [Image: IMG_6470.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6471.jpg] [Image: IMG_6472.jpg] [Image: IMG_6473.jpg] [Image: IMG_6474.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6475.jpg] [Image: IMG_6477.jpg] [Image: IMG_6478.jpg] [Image: IMG_6479.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6480.jpg] [Image: IMG_6481.jpg] [Image: IMG_6482.jpg] [Image: IMG_6483.jpg]

Now please keep in mind this is a travel brush. Here it is close to a Semogue and a Simpson Chubby 2 for comparison (both these brushes are not included) :

[Image: IMG_6484.jpg]

The knot specs :

- 17mm diameter
- 39mm high

Handle is 31mm high, 28mm diameter max, made of a single piece of Ivory, we can still see the hole in the bottom for the lathe. This lathe hole has made a very tiny crack. Also visible, a darker spot (not a dent), alond the edge of the base. The light shows it sometimes, and then sometimes not ! Please lookt at all the pictures, they are a part of the description.

The knot is super soft, looks like a two-band, very dark at the base and very white at the tips. Rather dense, it is at least silvertip, if not more high-end.

The case is marked Kindal, as the paddle (Velvex brand). It is used and would need restoration before being used.

I'm asking 350$ 300$ 250$ **SOLD** for this beautiful shaving item, price includes worldwide shipping (with a big insurance and tracking), payment is to be made through Paypal please. I am of course open to propositions, don't hesitate to pm me (but no trades, unless you have a Darwin DE !)

I'm French and live in France, so please excuse any language misshap. Many thanks for your attention, don't hesitate to ask any question, I'll do my best to answer them quickly (although I'm going to sleep now) ! Have a nice day in the meantime,

Thomas

3 258
 03-09-2015, 05:42 PM
User Info
That brush is amazing!

22 653
 03-09-2015, 08:05 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
The brush is an absolutely beautiful specimen, and if the hair is badger then it appears to be of the Finest variety available at the time.  Someone is going to get a great piece of history and hopefully a VERY functional shaving brush!

I would suggest any US Buyer visit the US Fish and Wildlife Affairs Website just to be sure of the paperwork and import requirements before they buy this piece.  I recently purchased a pre-ban Ivory hair brush for my dad, but since it was within the USA and well-documented it was a pretty easy transaction.

See http://www.fws.gov/international/travel-...swers.html for more info. 

71 1,468
 03-09-2015, 10:21 PM
User Info
Oh yes, thanks, I didn't think about this. I hope it's not too difficult !

3 258
 03-17-2015, 03:02 AM
User Info
Hello Gentlemen, price drop at 300$ shipped !

3 258
 04-09-2015, 12:21 AM
User Info
Hello my good sirs, price drop at 250$ shipped, don't miss you chance to own this magnificient piece os shaving paraphernalia !

3 258
 04-10-2015, 01:41 AM
User Info
Brush is sold, thanks !

3 258