03-09-2015, 03:34 PM
User Info
Would like to know your thoughts on Baume.be shave cream. I received a tub and the aftershave balm in the mail today. I decided to get it based on Johnny's review. So far all I know about it is that it smells fantastic to me. Tell me more about what I should expect when I use it tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 2,200
 03-09-2015, 03:44 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
My review says it all.  Biggrin

You should receive a smooth comfortable shave and your skin should feel refreshed when through.  When using the balm, use no more that 4 pumps.  It is a very concentrated balm and a little goes a long way.

175 23,752
 03-09-2015, 03:45 PM
User Info
Thanks for the tips Johnny!

73 2,200
 03-09-2015, 03:48 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I also love the scent. If they made a Baume.be aftershave I'd be the first to buy it. 

It will easily produce a thick cushiony lather.  I like to bowl lather it but it will face lather easily. It's hard to "get it wrong" as far as lathering. . Balm is also excellent. I find I need more than recommended...like 5-6 pumps. Could be my larger than average noggin though. 

It might just be my favorite cream. I rank it up with Castle Forbes and above everything else, including XPEC. 

A little goes a long way and the lather is mainly white despite its color in the jar. 

Enjoy.....

159 1,319
 03-09-2015, 03:49 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
You can face lather with the cream but I prefer to dip my brush and lather in the bowl. You should have not problems building a rich thick lather.

[Image: 1oFagOU.jpg]

175 23,752
 03-09-2015, 03:55 PM
User Info
It truly is an excellent cream and makes a great lather as others have remarked above. After unsuccessfully trying to pick up the ASB used on the BST I ended up ordering it and look forward to trying it in a few days.

33 548
 03-09-2015, 03:55 PM
User Info
I'm planning on trying to face lather it for my first try at it and see how it goes.

73 2,200
 03-09-2015, 04:27 PM
User Info
where is the best place to purchase this product?

2 79
 03-09-2015, 04:38 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(03-09-2015, 04:27 PM)Alexandergjones Wrote: where is the best place to purchase this product?

It appears BullGoose Shaving is out right now so you might try Straight Razor Design.

175 23,752
 03-09-2015, 04:57 PM
User Info
I had a bit of a problem locating it as well. I found it at Men Essentials

73 2,200
 03-10-2015, 06:46 AM
User Info
Well this stuff is amazing! Easy to face lather with. Wonderfully slick and protective lather. Great post shave feel as well.
The balm is also very nice. Thanks again for the review on this stuff Johnny!

73 2,200
 03-10-2015, 06:56 AM
User Info
The soap is a softer kind of soap, not a croap, but softer than a triple milled puck.
It performs almost as great as the cream, maybe on par.

But the cream is in my personal Top 5 for performance, up there with Xpec, ADP OLD VERSION, ACCA KAPPA 1869 OLD VERSION &  Czech & Speak.

And for an artisane cream/soap maker, he really has his presentation in full control.
Many of the artisane makers could learn from this.

It rivals MDC and ADP. 
The cream comes in a very sturdy heavy thick solid glass jar, with a heavy solid screw on lid.
The soap comes wrapped in plastic inside a well made black ceramic soap dish with matching ceramic lid.

TOP NOTCH STUFF ALL WAY THROUGH !!

Scent of the cream and soap are similar.

24 5,856
 03-10-2015, 07:31 AM
User Info
Hey Claus , I tried adp old version and xpec new formula. I don't think baume is on same level as Xpec . I prefer xpec over baume but the economics build a good case for baume . It's a great
Product for sure
Ymmv kind of thing .

61 3,072
 03-10-2015, 11:49 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Didn't own it long bc I didn't like the scent at all unfortunately.

57 2,561
 03-10-2015, 12:00 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(03-10-2015, 06:46 AM)merkur man Wrote: Well this stuff is amazing! Easy to face lather with. Wonderfully slick and protective lather. Great post shave feel as well.
The balm is also very nice. Thanks again for the review on this stuff Johnny!

You are more than welcome.  I'm glad you are enjoying it.  I think I will start a week long BAUME.BE shave tomorrow.

175 23,752
 03-10-2015, 05:41 PM
User Info
I find the Baume.be shave cream to be absurdly good! Every facet of its performance is nothing short of superb, period! It easily sits in my Top 3 best preforming shaving creams and I dont know more than 2, maybe 3, that come close to rivaling it.

65 799
 03-11-2015, 11:10 AM
User Info
(03-10-2015, 05:41 PM)Bravado13 Wrote: I find the Baume.be shave cream to be absurdly good! Every facet of its performance is nothing short of superb, period! It easily sits in my Top 3 best preforming shaving creams and I dont know more than 2, maybe 3, that come close to rivaling it.

I completely agree Rick, this is some wonderful stuff!  I find it to be just as good as XPEC (original and reformulation), and better than ADP (new formulation).  Also a note regarding the scent of this stuff.  When I first smelled it I knew I had smelled something close to it before and I couldn't put my finger on it until this morning when a light came on and I pulled out my tub of ADP (new formula).  To my nose they have similar notes, both are similar to Davidoff Cool Water.  I quite enjoy the scent of both.  

73 2,200
 03-11-2015, 11:56 AM
User Info
(03-10-2015, 06:56 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: The soap is a softer kind of soap, not a croap, but softer than a triple milled puck.
It performs almost as great as the cream, maybe on par.

But the cream is in my personal Top 5 for performance, up there with Xpec, ADP OLD VERSION, ACCA KAPPA 1869 OLD VERSION &  Czech & Speak.

And for an artisane cream/soap maker, he really has his presentation in full control.
Many of the artisane makers could learn from this.

It rivals MDC and ADP. 
The cream comes in a very sturdy heavy thick solid glass jar, with a heavy solid screw on lid.
The soap comes wrapped in plastic inside a well made black ceramic soap dish with matching ceramic lid.

TOP NOTCH STUFF ALL WAY THROUGH !!

Scent of the cream and soap are similar.
I had no idea there was a soap Claus.  Can you point me to a vendor from whom I could purchase?

73 2,200
 03-11-2015, 12:24 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Nathan, I don't believe anyone in North America is importing the hard soap at this time.  I know Phil is looking into it.  Might check with him as I know he has a BAUME.BE order arriving soon.

175 23,752
 03-11-2015, 06:50 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(03-11-2015, 12:24 PM)Johnny Wrote: Nathan, I don't believe anyone in North America is importing the hard soap at this time. 

I can confirm this.  I wrote to Baume.be requesting to buy the soap myself and the response was that they are not shipping the soap to anyone in the USA...at least not yet.  Dealers like Phil have a chance to carry the soap eventually if demand is high enough, but for now they confirmed that there are no US dealers of the soap and that they will not ship direct to the consumer as they say it is too cost prohibitive. I also got the feeling in the communications that the cream is more popular than the soap.

159 1,319