03-13-2015, 11:55 AM
User Info
Decided to do a clean-up of my PMs because I noticed it said 84% used.  Trash canned most incoming and some outgoing.  Still said 84% used.  So I tried emptying the trash can, to no avail.  It didn't empty (after two tries) and still says 84% used.  I think I need instructions!!  Please?

3 543
 03-13-2015, 11:58 AM
User Info
(03-13-2015, 11:55 AM)john parker Wrote: Decided to do a clean-up of my PMs because I noticed it said 84% used.  Trash canned most incoming and some outgoing.  Still said 84% used.  So I tried emptying the trash can, to no avail.  It didn't empty (after two tries) and still says 84% used.  I think I need instructions!!  Please?

are you 'trashing' the items in the trash folder or moving to it?

this can sometimes be confusing and people move to the trash folder rather than deleting the PMs inside the trash folder.

40 5,830
 03-13-2015, 12:01 PM
User Info
as a test, I just trashed a test PM in my inbox, moved to the trash folder and then trashed the PM inside the trash folder without any problems.

40 5,830
 03-13-2015, 12:42 PM
User Info
I selected items from my inbox and outbox, then selected trash.  I did not try to move them.  Then I selected the trash pms and selected trash again.  They are still all there, and the indicator still says 84% used.  I did get items out of the inbox and the outbox, but I cannot get them gone from the trash.  My thought is that, since they are still in the trash folder, nothing would change on the use indicator. 

3 543
 03-13-2015, 01:03 PM
User Info
Make sure to empty your sent PM's

39 3,918
 03-13-2015, 02:12 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(03-13-2015, 12:42 PM)john parker Wrote: I selected items from my inbox and outbox, then selected trash.  I did not try to move them.  Then I selected the trash pms and selected trash again.  They are still all there, and the indicator still says 84% used.  I did get items out of the inbox and the outbox, but I cannot get them gone from the trash.  My thought is that, since they are still in the trash folder, nothing would change on the use indicator. 

John, once you have done what you did above, DELETE/EMPTY in the trash folder, as well.  If you do not delete what is in the trash folder then nothing will change.  As Primo stated, don't forget to empty your "Sent" folder as well.  I assume you did that when you referred to "Outgoing" but, if not, and you still have PMs there, they will count towards your total. 

Again, you must delete what is in your PM trash folder to truly lower your PM count.  As long as any PM remains in the trash folder it counts towards your total allowance.  I hope this helps.

2 11,211
 03-13-2015, 04:31 PM
User Info
Think I finally succeeded but honestly don't know what I did this time that I didn't before.  It may be that before I did not actually select the messages in the trash can before I hit trash.  Oh, I tend to take things very literarily, so when you use the word "delete" I spend a lot of time looking for a "delete button".  I did not find one, so I am guessing that "trash" means "delete".  Thanks all for the directions!

3 543