03-14-2015, 07:36 AM
User Info
I don't see these soaps discussed much at all. Recently picked up Fougere Bouquet, Vetivertal and Twice as Spice. I gotta say that the scents are awesome. Especially the Twice as Spice, big fan of that one. Although it mentioned that this was their take on barbershop, i found this to be very unique and it reminded me of the perfume that an ex girlfriends use to wear (in a good way). I find that the various artisans exhibit specific traits when it comes to their scents. For example, I would say that Wholly Kaws scents are all on the powdery side. Another example, I would say that of the B&M scents that i have tried, these have a very musky undertone.  

They run $18 for 4 oz, so are not overly cheap, but they come in nice plastic containers (similar to B&M) which are wide and allow you to load easily. From a performance perspective, these are great. I am a sucker for artisan soaps and have about 80 in my rotation now. The Wholly Kaw soaps stack up very well with their competition. Post shave was also good, not the best i have experienced, but no complaints here. 

The big selling point for me here are their scents. Definitely worth a shot if you are on the fence or find that you are dangerously low on soaps

0 36
 03-14-2015, 08:54 AM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
Been wanting to try their soaps for some time now but I'm stuck on crsw I can't stop using it haha

23 598
 03-14-2015, 10:15 AM
User Info
(03-14-2015, 08:54 AM)sch1989 Wrote: Been wanting to try their soaps for some time now but I'm stuck on crsw I can't stop using it haha

I hear ya, i have a lot of love for CRSW. Trying to convince myself that i don't need the new Fougere Moderne and Vetiver Moderne. Cursor is hovering over the buy button, need to be strong

Just noticed that you have a Focus ST as your profile pic. I have a 2014 ST, lots of fun. The only downside for me is NJ traffic jams on daily commutes into NYC. Give me some open road, and its a tonne of fun. 

*Tks to the mod for putting this thread in the right place

0 36
 03-14-2015, 10:43 AM
  • sch1989
  • Mesa arizona
User Info
(03-14-2015, 10:15 AM)Taniwha Wrote:
(03-14-2015, 08:54 AM)sch1989 Wrote: Been wanting to try their soaps for some time now but I'm stuck on crsw I can't stop using it haha

I hear ya, i have a lot of love for CRSW. Trying to convince myself that i don't need the new Fougere Moderne and Vetiver Moderne. Cursor is hovering over the buy button, need to be strong

Just noticed that you have a Focus ST as your profile pic. I have a 2014 ST, lots of fun. The only downside for me is NJ traffic jams on daily commutes into NYC. Give me some open road, and its a tonne of fun. 

*Tks to the mod for putting this thread in the right place

Nice mine is a 2014 as well. In az I don't have those traffic problems =p

23 598