03-14-2015, 02:27 PM
User Info
(Violin music playing in the background)

I think it was this past autumn I said that I'd have new products being released right about now. OK, that isn't going to happen; but not by choice. Some things are beyond our control and take more time and money than anticipated. That's just the way it is. One only has a certain amount of time and must also work within cash flow.

What did happen were the soaps (unforeseen), and the requirement to streamline my workflow to better utilize my time and free me up for new products. If I can't keep inventory up now, more products will just make that situation worse. I'm still working on making the mundane labor into something that anyone can do and that goes unnoticed by everyone. That will free me up for more products. I'm the only person that I trust to formulate batches and new products, so that's all on me. But right now if things can go wrong in the increased streamlining of workflow they are going wrong. Things that should be easy and should just require throwing $ at turns out not to be that easy. But when I'm done it should result in a more professional product and hopefully more products. If those new products happen during the spring/summer/fall months it will surprise me greatly since those are my busy months for everything else. Not that I won't work on them when I can, but it takes a huge amount of time and production resources to get things to where a new product can be released. Testing might happen during those months and pave the way for future production.

I'll keep you posted as things develop my friends.

32 6,458
 03-14-2015, 03:36 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
We have to be careful, or we'll get what we wished for. If I'm reading your message correctly, your new products have been a success, and it's difficult to keep up with all the work that entails. I've seen at least three artisan soap makers, Mike's, Strop Shoppe, and Tiki Bar become overwhelmed with success when they were stating out, leaving them without products and us with long wait times to order them. Growing pains!

Your products are excellent, and you are one of the most conscientious vendors that I'm aware of. Your new soaps are excellent, and compliment your wonderful aftershaves. It will be well worth everyone's time to await new products, whether they are appear this year, or in 2016. I wish you the best in your new ventures. 

38 5,104
 03-14-2015, 03:46 PM
User Info
+1 with what evnpar wrote. Well said! 

147 3,533
 03-14-2015, 07:47 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
More products is not necessarily the best thing.  Your wonderful after shaves are the core.  Never let anything get in the way of that.

178 23,806
 03-14-2015, 08:21 PM
User Info
Best of luck to you, Brian! 

82 21,077
 03-14-2015, 08:33 PM
User Info
I echo the voices of the other comments. Your a class act Brian and I have enjoyed all our conversations. If you put half your current effort in new products they'll still be amazing. I'm with Johnny; as long as you make your after the shave then you'll always have business Smile

20 1,335
 03-14-2015, 09:52 PM
User Info
Thanks for understanding. I suppose it's a good problem to have; obviously I wasn't thinking along those lines.

32 6,458
 03-15-2015, 10:14 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Brian, you always give 100%, both here at TSN and at Krampert's Finest and we know that.  Your honesty plays a big part and I don't think you've lost one fan here. Thumbsup

2 11,211
 03-15-2015, 11:04 AM
User Info
Keep the good work up, as Thomas Aquinas put it, in the end truth prevails

Philipp

21 1,175
 03-16-2015, 03:59 AM
User Info
I see nothing to tell the new products to me but this is ok. I am very happy with your soap! I will like to try your aftershave but forgot to put it with my order.

0 155
 03-16-2015, 09:52 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
(03-14-2015, 03:36 PM)evnpar Wrote: We have to be careful, or we'll get what we wished for. If I'm reading your message correctly, your new products have been a success, and it's difficult to keep up with all the work that entails. I've seen at least three artisan soap makers, Mike's, Strop Shoppe, and Tiki Bar become overwhelmed with success when they were stating out, leaving them without products and us with long wait times to order them. Growing pains!

Your products are excellent, and you are one of the most conscientious vendors that I'm aware of. Your new soaps are excellent, and compliment your wonderful aftershaves. It will be well worth everyone's time to await new products, whether they are appear this year, or in 2016. I wish you the best in your new ventures. 

+2 to this!  Whenever they appear, I'm sure they will be well worthy of the name.

14 871
 03-16-2015, 11:26 AM
User Info
No need to expand the line until you get your main product production working smoothly otherwise everything will implode

0 69
 03-20-2015, 05:19 AM
User Info
(03-14-2015, 03:36 PM)evnpar Wrote: We have to be careful, or we'll get what we wished for. If I'm reading your message correctly, your new products have been a success, and it's difficult to keep up with all the work that entails. I've seen at least three artisan soap makers, Mike's, Strop Shoppe, and Tiki Bar become overwhelmed with success when they were stating out, leaving them without products and us with long wait times to order them. Growing pains!

+1 Ditto

16 1,937