03-16-2015, 03:48 AM
User Info
I mostly used AS balms for a while.  Then I started playing with some different aftershave splashes.  But recently I'm finding myself getting worse burn and irritation with any heavy alcohol splash -- such as Old Spice or Mennen -- that I used to have no trouble with just a couple of months ago.  Sometimes, there's a persistent redness for quite a bit of time after the splash.  Can one get to the point that constant use over a few months time has made my skin even more sensitive to them?  Now I can only use them when I first splash on Witch Hazel or dab little bits on for smell.

7 84
 03-16-2015, 06:00 AM
User Info
Hi,

you can make your skin react faster and stronger by repeating the stimulus. Be careful. I use some .1% hydrocortisone creme right know after testing soaps and getting rashes.
You could consider medical treatment, as I did. Are there some splashes you do not react to, or have been much less sensitive to?
Find the irritating agents if you can. I for example cannot tolerate coumarin. Once you have irritated skin you may react strongly even to simple physical irritants such as alcohol.  Whatever, take a break now and keep your eyes open as to what may be the cause

Philipp

21 1,175