03-16-2015, 08:59 AM
User Info
Hey guys. I'm making some head way between a couple of soaps that seem to have the stuff that I'm looking for, as far as the ingredients i need. The problem right now is between scents and performance.

I'm looking at MWF and Saponificio Varesino. With the Saponificio, i am truly stuck on which scent I'd prefer. I'm a Pinaud Clubman Vanilla guy and love Old Spice and Brut, as well as Issey Miyake and enjoy Cedarwood Atlas. (If any of that helps)

So, I'm open to suggestions from you gentlemen and ready to know what scents are closer to the type of smells i enjoy!

Thanks a mil!

1 1,975
 03-16-2015, 10:20 AM
User Info
Good luck to you, Bryan, but you won't get any lovely scents from the Fat! It just smells like a strong soap and not so pleasant, at that, for me anyway. Biggrin

82 21,056
 03-16-2015, 10:30 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
From your options my personal preference is the SV Felce aromatica. To me the scent is a clean, green fragrance  in a good way. 

I agree with Celestino. The fat kinda smells like a wool sweater that someone  wore to a poetry reading. It has that Nag Champa incense vibe. 

159 1,316
 03-16-2015, 10:34 AM
User Info
I LOVE the smell of WMF.  It smells nice and clean to me.  I like "normal" scents though, Arko and Proraso Green are my top two soaps...

21 555
 03-16-2015, 10:55 AM
User Info
Here's another strong vote for the scent of MWF. I can't really describe it, but I LOVE it too! It is more of a "soap" scent than a specifically designed scent.

3 92
 03-16-2015, 10:20 PM
User Info
Thanks so far for your answers. I'll be trying to make a decision this week.

1 1,975
 03-17-2015, 05:24 AM
User Info
Get the MWF,  you can have 20 cans of soda with vanilla or cherry, jasmine blossom...scent. MWF is the real deal, not soda in a can type of marketing   !

21 1,175
 03-17-2015, 05:43 AM
User Info
I like the scent of MWF, but in my opinion it doesn't match any of the other scents you list above.  Here are the ingredients for MWF:

Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Stearate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Lanolin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Magnesium Sulphate, Tetrasodium Etidronate

There are a number of fragrance ingredients in there which I've bolded, exclusive of the most obvious one, parfum.  Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone has been described as smelling like violets.  Hexyl Cinnamal is naturally occuring in chamomile.  Limonene smells of oranges.  Linalool is flowery with a hint of spiciness and Hydroxycitronellal is described as lily or lily of the valley with melon undertones.  I've found that none of these scents are necessarily prevalent over others, but that these ingredients in combination with whatever parfum MWF uses creates a light, flowery scent.  Its very nice and pretty distinctive to MWF but it isn't similar to what you've asked it to be compared to above.  I would think the closest it comes to (with the caveat I've never smelled any Issey Miyake scents) would be Old Spice, but still its not that close.

84 1,505
 03-17-2015, 05:55 AM
User Info
I know Johnny is a fan of this combo, as well as I, MWF with Aqua Velva Ice Blue!  They go hand and hand together!

21 555
 03-17-2015, 11:29 AM
User Info
I'm definitely leaning towards the soap of MWF and some Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti balm.

The I Coloniali Mango sounds like it's pretty awesome too!

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975
 03-17-2015, 11:56 AM
User Info
The I Coloniali Mango is pretty much unbelieveable. Spicey, mentholated, chocolatey.. and made from mango seed oil. Whatever you get is good. I recommend a simple soap that is an excellent base. And I like the non nonsense MWF type for that...Smile

21 1,175
 03-18-2015, 02:27 AM
User Info
My vote is for SV Aromatique and the second choice is iColoniali.  You can get the iColoniali in a terracotta bowl or just the refill.

2 60
 03-19-2015, 11:07 PM
User Info
I appreciate the few of you guys who responded. I expected more, but I'm appreciative non the less.

I've ordered the Aromatic Balm, MWF refill (i have my own bowls, so no need for extra money wasted), and the I Coloniali Mango soap, as well as some cream. I'll post once the products are received.

Thanks again guys.

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975