03-18-2015, 08:26 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Brothers and sisters,
I need to free up some cash for another purchase, so I am reluctantly parting with a few nice brushes from my collection. All prices include CONUS Priority Shipping insured for sale price. I am happy to ship internationally for the actual difference in shipping cost.

First up - the one and only Chubby 2 Super Badger!
[Image: jSLQLCc.jpg]
This brush has everything a Chubby is known for. Very soft tips, very, very dense. I don't have (but can get, upon request) the actual caliper measurements, but I'm certain this one is at least 28mm. It is a "Made in England" model, not "Made in Great Britain," indicating it was made in 2013 or earlier. It's an incredibly nice brush, I have not experienced any abnormalities, and it has seen very light use. I would estimate fewer than 20 lathers. Includes original box and brush care insert. These retail new between $260-300 USD plus shipping.

Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger - $225. SOLD

Next up is, in my opinion, one of the great under-rated brushes out there. The DaVinci Uomo 293.
[Image: WdV3DrH.jpg]
It uses a very premium grade of badger hair, and these are handmade in Germany to exceptionally high standards.

Again, I didn't take caliper measurements on this one before I left for work this morning, but it is rated at 22mm, and I recall that this one is at least that large.  I have not had any issues with this brush, and have used it less than a dozen times. It makes a truly phenomenal lather, and is very, very soft on the face. This is truly a premium brush at a non-premium price. Includes the original care and instruction sheet, and the original box, which has a slight tear at the bottom. (Expertly repaired with tape.) These retail between $140-$220 plus shipping.

Da Vinci Uomo 293 Silvertip - $110. SOLD

Finally, I have a very nice Ever-ready 100 restore.
[Image: BSrjDDj.jpg]
I wish I could give a little more information on this brush. I don't know who did the restore, or what brand of knot they used. I believe the size to be around 21mm, although, again, I neglected to measure this morning. From using it, it has a very dense, very soft knot that makes a really great lather. I have not had any shedding issues in using this one. One interesting note: Whoever re-knotted this one also added substantial weighting to the handle. This gives the brush a very solid and very unique feel in-hand. I've been quite happy using it, but alas, it doesn't get the love it deserves in my rotation, so I'm passing it along to another lucky forum member.

Ever-Ready 100 Weighted re-knot - $35

Normally, I would actively encourage any trade offers, and if you have something cool to offer, please feel free. However, in this specific case the only reason I'm listing these for sale is that I have my eye on another purchase, and I need to raise some cash.

If you have any questions or concerns about my listing, please feel free to send me a message. Thank you for looking!

22 824
 03-18-2015, 03:44 PM
User Info
pm sent

0 4
 03-18-2015, 05:08 PM
User Info
The Da Vinci shaving brushes are truly exceptional and I have this exact model. I like it so well I bought a bigger 296 for sale here recently. It reminds me of being similar to Shavemac D01 but the characteristics of it are unique in it's own regard. Heck I sold most of my shavemacs off before this model, including the D01. Funny that it's just a D01 brush I need now to again complete the Shavemac hair rainbow as far as I'll go (just minus the pure).

21 607
 03-18-2015, 05:18 PM
  • Ram57
  • Boise, ID
User Info
(03-18-2015, 05:08 PM)kooshman7 Wrote: The Da Vinci shaving brushes are truly exceptional and I have this exact model. I like it so well I bought a bigger 296 for sale here recently. It reminds me of being similar to Shavemac D01 but the characteristics of it are unique in it's own regard. Heck I sold most of my shavemacs off before this model, including the D01. Funny that it's just a D01 brush I need now to again complete the Shavemac hair rainbow as far as I'll go (just minus the pure).

I concur. I have the 290 and a wonderful brush. I liked it so much I sold off my Kent BK8 and Rooney 1/2. By looking at it you would think floppy like a K8 but my Da Vinci was denser than both brushes mentioned above and very soft tips. The 290 is a monster when full bloomed and half tempted to pick up it's little brother here.

101 1,987
 03-19-2015, 06:18 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Of course I didn't need any more reasons to make me have seller's remorse!  Biggrin

The 293 really is a truly phenomenal brush. The knot is absolutely perfect, but I found that the handle just didn't quite agree with my hand size. That, however, is a problem with my hands, not the brush. It's pretty likely that I'm going to end up with one of the other Da Vinci models, possibly a 296 or 292. Like I said above - Da Vinci is one of the really premium brushes that, for some reason, doesn't seem to get talked about all that much on the forums.

22 824