03-19-2015, 05:08 AM
User Info
Following up on the last oddball invention, I've found a similar concept utilizing an "aerosol actuated push button shaving cream dispenser" - better known as canned goo.

Or to quote the abstract:
Quote:A disposable combination razor and shaving cream dispenser having an aerosol actuated push button shaving cream dispenser and a non-removable cap having a razor blade at the upper end and a pushbutton adapted to engage the push button of the dispenser. In this manner, the dispenser body may be used as a handle when shaving and the cream may be dispensed without removing the cap from the dispenser as needed to be applied by the hand into which the cream is dispensed.

[Image: US4908945-1.png]
[Image: US4908945-2.png]
[Image: US4908945-3.png]
This patent is a couple of years younger than last weeks, and despite using canned goo it does fix one potential issue with the previous one; the razor and the goo is both happening at the same end of the handle, instead of opposite ends.

Like most oddball shaving patents I find this one too has lapsed. I suspect the combination of an overly thick handle and having to throw the razor away when you ran out of canned goo limited it's marketability.

3 4,675
 03-19-2015, 05:20 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Wonder if that's where Norelco got their idea for their gel dispensing electric razors.

179 23,933
 03-21-2015, 07:37 AM
  • naiyor
  • Ontario, Canada
User Info
And all this time I have been taping a razor to my can of goo "like a chump". Seems strange to go through all the work for such a contraption. 

0 360
 03-23-2015, 01:24 PM
User Info
You have never heard of the ShaveMate? As seen on CNN, blah blah blah...

http://shavematerazors.com/

0 280