03-21-2015, 05:58 PM
User Info
Help me Out here guys. I have tried most if not all the slants out there(Lutz, RRstealths, 37c, Ikon DLC) . While I enjoyed most of them for some reason I never end up keeping them. RAD has me in its grip again and I am lusting after the ATT slants. I haven't heard one Bad thing about the new ATT slants. Most shaves I end up reaching for the mongoose but I still enjoy a DE shave from time to time. SO the question is should i give into my RAD and pull the trigger on one?

2 79
 03-21-2015, 06:38 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I bought the S1(SB-slant)...just the head assembly and it is a smooth machine. I do have pretty much every other slant as well but I do not regret buying the ATT and use it frequently.

6 2,028
 03-22-2015, 02:20 AM
User Info
I prefer closed combs so I went with the S1. My favorite razor for the past few months I've had it. Better than my Mongoose, my BBS-1, the other ATT heads I've used and just about any other razor I've used.

11 489
 03-22-2015, 02:56 AM
User Info
My my favorite slant so far has been the lutz. I really want to go all stainless though. 

2 79
 03-22-2015, 04:57 AM
User Info
I bought the ATT S1 and S2 early this year and nicked myself quite a few times.  Fine tuned my technique to fit the razor and got it down to pat.  Now my go to razor without doubt!

2 60
 03-22-2015, 06:10 AM
User Info
Better than my mongoose??  Shok If you say so I might have to add the S1 to the den. 

2 79
 03-22-2015, 05:29 PM
User Info
I bought the S1/S2 pk 2 months ago,I'm not a OC person as it turns out but the S1 safety bar slant is without a dought is the best DE razor I have owned so far.I had the mongoose but I preferred my King Cobra over it.I will say that the S1 gives me about the same shave as the KC.It gives  one of the smoothest & closest shave I have found to a straight.

To clarify something there was nothing I found that I didn't like with the Mongoose other than it'big head,the KC just seemed to work my face angles better.I only wish the KC was made half as well as my ATT S1 or the Mongoose I probably would have found the perfect razor.For now the Att Slant S1 is my go to razor but that maybe changing when my Wolfman arrives next week!

20 441
 03-23-2015, 05:50 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
I bought the Slant kit and I think it was well worth it, like you I use the Mongoose and like to mix it up with my King Cobra and the occasional DE and I found the Slant to be a great performing razor. I don't have the vast experience as you do in slants but have tried the iKon slant and found it a good shaver, but noticed that the head is a big on the big side, that's where the ATT shines I think, its head is very compact and low profile.. by design of you read the forum highlights from Stan. This makes the ATT slants very nimble and easy to use, I particularly found the S2 to be a wonderful OC razor and think its even better in terms of smoothness than the R2. But either plate is very smooth and generally go with the S1 most days I'm using it. 

very sleek looking razor to me, great machine work.. if RAD's got you this will be a remedy Smile 

35 1,329