07-10-2015, 11:20 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(07-10-2015, 11:19 AM)Bruce Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 11:08 AM)celestino Wrote: We have an 'ignore' button? I had no idea!! Biggrin
Did someone just post something?  I can't see anything

Laughing1

111 18,918
 07-10-2015, 11:38 AM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 11:08 AM)celestino Wrote: We have an 'ignore' button? I had no idea!! Biggrin

It is very useful.  I am sure I had made some Ignore Hall of Fame lists 24

61 3,796
 07-10-2015, 01:25 PM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 11:19 AM)Bruce Wrote:
Did someone just post something?  I can't see anything

Biggrin

89 21,239
 07-10-2015, 02:25 PM
User Info
I don't block people unless they are genuinely just trolls. I've only blocked maybe 2-3 people on another shaving site. Even people that I strongly disagree with and I may find obnoxious, still often have something insightful to say. Again, I have yet to find trolls on this site. Just because someone disagrees with you, or the status quo, doesn't make that person a troll.

18 716
 07-10-2015, 03:12 PM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 02:25 PM)fram773 Wrote: I don't block people unless they are genuinely just trolls. I've only blocked maybe 2-3 people on another shaving site. Even people that I strongly disagree with and I may find obnoxious, still often have something insightful to say. Again, I have yet to find trolls on this site. Just because someone disagrees with you, or the status quo, doesn't make that person a troll.
Agreed. I joke around about blocking but have yet to even think about it here.

8 2,718
 07-10-2015, 03:44 PM
User Info
(07-09-2015, 04:46 PM)hrfdez Wrote: I bypassed this thread many times because the title was odd, to me Wink. Well, just finished reading three pages of good and bad points, but very valid on their own merits.

Personally, I used to belong to another forum, in fact it was my first shaving forum.  It was the worst experience I ever had, to the point that I requested to be removed from it.  The management was horrible, elitist, and disrespectful.  They didn't mind posting their expensive stuff, but when a nobody like me showed up with better gear, then it wasn't as funny or nice.  Assumption is the mother of all........

I never take people for granted, just because a person just joined, it doesn't mean they don't  know a thing about Wet Shaving, unfortunately, some people assume that on a regular basis.  Not here, as far as I can tell.

Took me quite sometime to join here because I was afraid of the same thing.  I admit that I'm cocky at times, but that's just who I am.  At the same time, if I don't know something, I ask and don't pretend to know everything.  I have been DE shaving since my Army days, back in the 80's, so I am not a rookie and I feel I have something that I can share with newer enthusiasts.

I don't get in arguments, I just add names to my Ignore Hall of Fame, and move on.  Life is to short to get in an argument about something that, for me, is a lifestyle more than a hobby.

Overall, TSN is a great place and I hope it remains that way.

To be honest that other forum in fact did not ban me, but asked me to write a PM with an official excuse to a bunch of people that felt offended.

If I did NOT write that message and in that would write that I officially would never venture into arguments again, I would have to leave.

I then asked them to delete my account for good.

That was how I was banned from that forum.

I never free willingly visit the site any longer, but sometimes hit a google hit that sends me to the site.

25 6,516
 07-10-2015, 04:13 PM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 03:44 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 04:46 PM)hrfdez Wrote: I bypassed this thread many times because the title was odd, to me Wink. Well, just finished reading three pages of good and bad points, but very valid on their own merits.

Personally, I used to belong to another forum, in fact it was my first shaving forum.  It was the worst experience I ever had, to the point that I requested to be removed from it.  The management was horrible, elitist, and disrespectful.  They didn't mind posting their expensive stuff, but when a nobody like me showed up with better gear, then it wasn't as funny or nice.  Assumption is the mother of all........

I never take people for granted, just because a person just joined, it doesn't mean they don't  know a thing about Wet Shaving, unfortunately, some people assume that on a regular basis.  Not here, as far as I can tell.

Took me quite sometime to join here because I was afraid of the same thing.  I admit that I'm cocky at times, but that's just who I am.  At the same time, if I don't know something, I ask and don't pretend to know everything.  I have been DE shaving since my Army days, back in the 80's, so I am not a rookie and I feel I have something that I can share with newer enthusiasts.

I don't get in arguments, I just add names to my Ignore Hall of Fame, and move on.  Life is to short to get in an argument about something that, for me, is a lifestyle more than a hobby.

Overall, TSN is a great place and I hope it remains that way.

To be honest that other forum in fact did not ban me, but asked me to write a PM with an official excuse to a bunch of people that felt offended.

If I did NOT write that message and in that would write that I officially would never venture into arguments again, I would have to leave.

I then asked them to delete my account for good.

That was how I was banned from that forum.

I never free willingly visit the site any longer, but sometimes hit a google hit that sends me to the site.

IMO, they are so full of it, that it reeks over the fiber optics  24. That's pretty much what I did, I had enough of their disrespect.  I wouldn't rejoin that place for all the Wolfman's in the world Wink

61 3,796
 07-10-2015, 04:16 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Gentlemen, please remember forum rules here:
12. We will not tolerate bad mouthing of other shaving sites ..

111 18,918
 07-10-2015, 04:18 PM
User Info
Will do Sir Wink

61 3,796
 07-10-2015, 06:40 PM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 04:16 PM)Agravic Wrote: Gentlemen, please remember forum rules here:
Thanks Ravi.

This seems to have turned into the "Let's bash the other forum" thread as of late and everyone knows which forum they are bashing.

Many on here are on both, including mods, vendors, site owners and members.

8 2,718
 07-10-2015, 06:43 PM
User Info
(07-10-2015, 06:40 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(07-10-2015, 04:16 PM)Agravic Wrote: Gentlemen, please remember forum rules here:
Thanks Ravi.

This seems to have turned into the "Let's bash the other forum" thread as of late and everyone know which forum they are bashing.

Doubt Smile

Ahh got it!  You and Ravi are absolutely right.  I apologize and thanks for allowing me to get it out of my chest, won't happen again.

61 3,796
 07-11-2015, 04:47 AM
  • robk
  • New Jersey
User Info
Forums, like any other social group, can haven unique cultural personalities. Without bashing others forums, l kind of like the ethos here.

11 517
 07-20-2015, 01:07 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I believe Confucius said- He who never bad-mouthed someone, never stood up for anything.  And he who bad-mouths and mistreats people because they could get away with it should be a moderator at _ & _.

1 797
 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM
User Info
(07-20-2015, 01:07 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I believe Confucius said- He who never bad-mouthed someone, never stood up for anything.  And he who bad-mouths and mistreats people because they could get away with it should be a moderator at _ & _.

Personally like it was said before I don't mind a good debate or even disagreeing with people on things as it opens my eyes to other people's way of thinking. I respect someone who will call me out and say I don't agree with you and voice their opinion,not so much someone who wont voice they're opinion at all for whatever reason.

3 1,356
 07-20-2015, 02:21 PM
User Info
(07-20-2015, 02:11 PM)Otis375 Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 01:07 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I believe Confucius said- He who never bad-mouthed someone, never stood up for anything.  And he who bad-mouths and mistreats people because they could get away with it should be a moderator at _ & _.

Personally like it was said before I don't mind a good debate or even disagreeing with people on things as it opens my eyes to other people's way of thinking. I respect someone who will call me out and say I don't agree with you and voice their opinion,not so much someone who wont voice they're opinion at all for whatever reason.

The thing about debates is most people will never admit defeat even if they know they're wrong. They are arrogant and just want to be right.

18 716
 07-20-2015, 05:24 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
I read the original post, and haven't the perspective as I just joined to contribute a whole lot with respect to "what it was".  But, having been a member on a couple other shaving forums, along with several members I recognize from way back, I hope it would be ok to post a reflection or two ..

I read this thread just because the title was interesting .. The original post talked about profiteering on TSN's Buy and Sell, and I think it is pretty obvious that it is going on, and allowed if not encouraged.  I also read that there are to be no comments about prices there, also fine.  That's the rools .. I've seen a couple items here, purchased one, and am awaiting the final refund before I make use of the feedback system.   A kind moderator here helped me through that process.  

The hostility towards "_&_" is puzzling however.  I didn't join here to argue, or to bash someone else's point of view.  Frankly, and maybe it is because I don't read all the posts on both forums, there's a whiff of hostility here that isn't detectable over there.  

Just my 2 ¢

55 595
 07-20-2015, 05:48 PM
User Info
The last thing I have encountered here is hostility, even when disagreeing, members have been very respectful.  I have nothing but good things to say about TSN.  What Phil and the moderators have done with TSN, should be an example for others to follow.

Talking about other places is not even worth it, we have a good thing going in here and that dog has been beaten to death.

61 3,796
 07-21-2015, 06:18 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(07-20-2015, 05:24 PM)garyg Wrote: I read this thread just because the title was interesting .. The original post talked about profiteering on TSN's Buy and Sell, and I think it is pretty obvious that it is going on, and allowed if not encouraged.  I also read that there are to be no comments about prices there, also fine.  That's the rools .. I've seen a couple items here, purchased one, and am awaiting the final refund before I make use of the feedback system.   A kind moderator here helped me through that process.  

Just my 2 ¢

I think you need to reread the B/S/T rules.  It is not encouraged.  As for as comments about prices, true, that should be handled through a PM, not in open forum.

The sale of items is between the seller and buyer, not TSN and the buyer.

182 25,385
 07-21-2015, 07:14 AM
User Info
(07-20-2015, 05:24 PM)garyg Wrote: I read the original post, and haven't the perspective as I just joined to contribute a whole lot with respect to "what it was".  But, having been a member on a couple other shaving forums, along with several members I recognize from way back, I hope it would be ok to post a reflection or two ..

I read this thread just because the title was interesting .. The original post talked about profiteering on TSN's Buy and Sell, and I think it is pretty obvious that it is going on, and allowed if not encouraged.  I also read that there are to be no comments about prices there, also fine.  That's the rools .. I've seen a couple items here, purchased one, and am awaiting the final refund before I make use of the feedback system.   A kind moderator here helped me through that process.  

The hostility towards "_&_" is puzzling however.  I didn't join here to argue, or to bash someone else's point of view.  Frankly, and maybe it is because I don't read all the posts on both forums, there's a whiff of hostility here that isn't detectable over there.  

Just my 2 ¢
I am sorry that you feel this way Gary. I have to say that as a contributing member on this forum for about 18 months, I must disagree with you regarding what you perceive as a "whiff of hostility" here. There are, and always will be members on every fora, who will troll or agitate. I find TSN to be refreshingly free of such shenanigans. (Mostly)

54 4,981
 07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
User Info
(07-20-2015, 02:21 PM)fram773 Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 02:11 PM)Otis375 Wrote:

The thing about debates is most people will never admit defeat even if they know they're wrong. They are arrogant and just want to be right.
What's the old saying, Its better to be quiet and thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt. That kind of applies,if I know I'm wrong and you know I'm wrong and I know you know I'm wrong then keeping on IMO is just trolling and I don't waste my time with those people. Fortunately I've not experienced that on this forum and everyone on here as always been very helpful and as nice as they could be. I do tend to speak my mind a lot and some people may take that the wrong way. It's not arrogance or cockiness I just don't beat around the bush with folks,and when I meet someone who is like me sometimes we butt heads,but we are all grown here and so far I don't think I've made any enemies.

3 1,356