03-22-2015, 06:54 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
OK now that Pitralon has been in the hands of some members here I'm interested to read your thoughts on Pitralon vs Myrsol.  I am a big fan of Myrsol but have yet to try Pitralon.

159 1,316
 03-22-2015, 06:56 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I have the Pitralon Swiss and Myrsol Agua Balsamica, Antesol, and Emulsion.  I've got Myrsol blue on the way.
I prefer Myrsol.

47 1,901
 03-22-2015, 07:48 AM
User Info
I only have the Swiss Pitralon and the Myrsol Emulsion, but I love them both. They both leave my face refreshed and protected after shaving. 
Both are recommended.  Thumbsup

39 3,876
 03-23-2015, 03:07 AM
User Info
I have Myrsol AG and Pitralon Classic (and tried Pure and Polar) and I definitely prefer Pitralon for the performance

0 69
 03-23-2015, 03:26 AM
User Info
If you don't mind a dumb question. What is myrsol like? Long lasting? Great scents? Etc

0 854
 03-23-2015, 05:53 PM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Myrsol is a line from Barcelona. The emulsion is a moisturizer that's mentholated. Nice aroma, absorbs well, and leaves the face non greasy. They have a good selection of after shaves that have excellent scents. The one called Antesol is put together differently- maybe someone can jump in here( maybe it has alum?). The bottles are old school heavy glass, very substantial like a crystal tumbler full of Whisky

19 726
 03-23-2015, 06:25 PM
User Info
Thanks. I've seen the bottles which look very cool. I'll have to try these one day.

0 854
 03-23-2015, 06:26 PM
  • robk
  • New Jersey
User Info
You must bring Juan, "Dr Dulcamara," into this thread.

Apart from the Myrsol folks themselves, he is the expert on the line.

You must ask his kind permission to repost here on TSN what he posted in this thread on B&B. He gives the best rundown of all the Myrsol scents.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....-or-MADMen

Mods -- if I am breaking a rule here with the link please delete it.

Juan, if you are watching this thread, please weigh in with your eloquent descriptions, opinions and observations.

11 517
 03-25-2015, 08:28 AM
User Info
I've tried all of the Pitralons but only 3 Myrsols - F/Extra, Antesol, and Agua Balsamica. Performance wise, I find them to be similar. They are straight forward alcohol-based splashes with fragrance and some light skin care like glycerin (varies depending upon model in both lines). Keeping in mind that I have not tried all of the Myrsols, my current preference would be for the Pitralon lineup. I like all of the scents of the Pitralons, and two of them are in my 'most heavily used' category - the classic and swiss. I did not care for the scent of F/Extra, and Agua Balsamica is so unique that I have to be in the mood for it. Antesol is fantastic and I use it mostly as an Aftershave, but sometimes as a pre-shave as well. 

38 1,159
 03-28-2015, 02:49 PM
User Info
I would certainly defer to Juan (Dr.D.) expertise as it relates to Myrsol.

Antesol's magic ingredient is Allantoin.

In terms of comparison between Myrsol & Pitralon. They are fairly close in terms of astringent capacity, face feel, although the scents are very different - they do not linger.

Antesol has the added bonus of being able to be used as a pre-shave. Typically I use it as a pre-shave if I am not having a hot shower. Nothing scientific, just personal observation - provides extra slickness.

Pitralon Suisse (my preference) seems smoother than the Classic (more sting on application - maybe more alcohol content: ABV)

The Myrsol glass bottle is distinctive and a keeper. Flow restrictor appears to be removable and could potentially be refilled. Myrsol also offers larger containers.

Hard to differentiate. That being said - not convinced I would replace the Pitralon....

2 150
 03-28-2015, 03:54 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I used all of the Myrsol aftershaves, except Plactic, for about nine months. I then discovered Pitralon about six months ago after ordering all four from an overseas vendor, and I don't think that I've reached for a bottle of Mysol since, mostly because I enjoy the scents of Pitralon more than Myrsol. Swiss Pitralon is my go-to product, although I enjoy using all four, depending on the soap that I used that day. Overall, the performance of Myrsol and Pitralon are about the same. I should try to work on using up the Myrsol products I have, because they are very good aftershaves. 

38 5,032
 03-29-2015, 03:53 AM
User Info
(03-28-2015, 03:54 PM)evnpar Wrote: Overall, the performance of Myrsol and Pitralon are about the same. 

+1, In terms of performance.. 

The differences in that regard are truly negligible, in my experience. 

Time and time again, after strictly testing ONLY these 2 products after each shave for the last month, I found it almost impossible to discern any real difference between the two in terms of performance or skin care benefits. 

Both seemed to be equally wonderful! Smile I even went through the trouble of slapping one side of my face with Pitralon Swiss and the other side with Myrsol on multiple occasions and again, one side of my face didn't feel any smoother or conditioned over the other. 

FWIW, I really love the unique scent of Pitralon Swiss and did not find it to be as medicinal as some make it out to be. 

Is the scent as fleeting as many have said, YES but for me, while I wouldn't mind enjoying the scent a little longer, it's an AS and not an EDT so it's not as much of a negative for me personally. 

I say, if you want a compliment to your Myrsol Aftershaves, Pitralon is a fantastic choice but IMHO, I personally wouldn't rate as a superior product to Myrsol.. Then again YMMV.  Smile

65 799
 03-29-2015, 04:46 AM
User Info
I've never tried either but I love the look of the Myrsol bottles.

0 854
 03-29-2015, 05:28 AM
User Info
Both are fantastic. I imagine personal preference would lean far more toward scent preference as opposed to performance, as they both perform beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 2,200
 04-07-2015, 10:21 AM
  • HarryO
  • FLA, USA.
User Info
Swiss Pitralon is a very nice splash it cools my face and has an interesting scent, that really does not last that long . If I get one of those rough shaves I will reach for the Myrosol Metilsol Atringent after shave splash. Used it a couple of times now and it works. Good luck.

21 447
 04-18-2015, 06:15 PM
  • HarryO
  • FLA, USA.
User Info
(03-22-2015, 07:48 AM)primotenore Wrote: I only have the Swiss Pitralon and the Myrsol Emulsion, but I love them both. They both leave my face refreshed and protected after shaving. 
Both are recommended.  Thumbsup

I use them both, and at this point I would have to give the edge to Myrsol Emulsion. It has that astringent factor going for it. At least my face thinks so.

21 447
 04-18-2015, 09:14 PM
  • peit
User Info
(03-29-2015, 05:28 AM)merkur man Wrote: Both are fantastic. I imagine personal preference would lean far more toward scent preference as opposed to performance, as they both perform beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

I have only used myrsol F/Extra and Balsamica (Emulsion too but that's apples and oranges) and Pitralon Classic. I find the performance comparable so the choice then comes down mainly to scent. I like them all but as a daily aftershave I prefer the Pitralon.

0 10
 04-19-2015, 06:46 AM
User Info
I would agree that both perform similarly as they have similar ingredients and honestly not too much for skin care luxury. Good healing properties as compared to most alcohol splashes but there is better, at least for me. 

Now the allantoin that is mentioned about one of the Myrsols is much different. Allantoin is a wonderful addition and I'm surprised we don't see it in more aftershave products. Just do a little research and you'll quickly see why aftershaves are a great application for allantoin. My skin absolutely loves it. 

Allantoin is found in one of my favorite alcohol splashes in all of their scents; Country Club for Men. I find myself reaching for this product over both Pitralon and Myrsol when scent pairing isn't part of the equation. 

31 8,055
 04-19-2015, 08:27 AM
  • peit
User Info
That's a good point about allantoin SharpSpine. I too am surprised not to see it in more aftershaves.

0 10
 04-19-2015, 09:35 AM
User Info
(04-19-2015, 06:46 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: I would agree that both perform similarly as they have similar ingredients and honestly not too much for skin care luxury. Good healing properties as compared to most alcohol splashes but there is better, at least for me. 

Now the allantoin that is mentioned about one of the Myrsols is much different. Allantoin is a wonderful addition and I'm surprised we don't see it in more aftershave products. Just do a little research and you'll quickly see why aftershaves are a great application for allantoin. My skin absolutely loves it. 

Allantoin is found in one of my favorite alcohol splashes in all of their scents; Country Club for Men. I find myself reaching for this product over both Pitralon and Myrsol when scent pairing isn't part of the equation. 
I wonder what difference there is between the allantoin in Myrsol Antesol and Country Club and the urea that's in Pitralon Swiss. Any ideas?

0 143