06-08-2012, 03:57 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here's a fantastic American-produced shaving soap which will be a delight for any bay rum lover. I'm a big fan of bay rum, and I LOVE this soap!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Wow, an explosion of rich lather so fast!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability for multi-passes.

General skincare: 8/10--Quite protective and comfortable

Scent: 10/10--Brilliant - a spicy bay rum scent which I LOVE!

Price: N/A--I really don't know. It was a gift.

Would I buy again: 10/10--You bet!

This soap has such an "old-school" bay rum scent, which the old American barbershops were famous for many years ago. When I was lathering up with this stuff this morning, I thought of my Dad and my Grandpa. Both of them used bay rum stuff when I was a kid.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
User Info
I had some of the Bay Rum and Orange Spice, I used it once or twice.

After using Tallow based soaps this is worthless to me as a shave soap.

Its in the shower.

As always YMMV.

1 63
 06-08-2012, 10:16 PM
User Info
I didn't care for OBRCo's shaving soap until I recently when I spent a week with it. I finally learned that for this to work for me, I needed more product that I originally thought, and more water.

The end result was wonderful. I expected at the end of my week that I'd be tired of it and want to PIF it, but I ended up deciding to keep it. This is a very good soap.

0 836
 06-08-2012, 11:48 PM
User Info
I had a sample of the stuff and really didn't like it lol...

It smelled good though. Biggrin

0 652
 06-13-2012, 02:16 PM
  • DaRaiderz
  • Unregistered
User Info
I order a sample pak and I tried to like these as bay rum is my favorite AS but did not care for the soaps. AS my buddy really likes and I also have the samples but to me, regular smells like eggnog though I did like the lime and peppercorn AS though I still prefer Dominica bay rum and lime best.

06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
User Info
I tried their original one, I couldn't get a decent lather out of it. I think I threw it in as a freebie when I sold other stuff

0 29