03-27-2015, 10:36 PM
User Info
Hello fellow members,

I currently use Proraso Green AS (my first and only, at the moment). I really like Proraso.. gives a nice sting, nice cooling effect (I like menthol), and really nice face feel after it dries (my skin feels moisturized...enough to do without a post shave balm). I have heard a lot of good things about Fine AS, but wonder if Fine gives the same face feel/moisturizing effect as Proraso Green? Also, Proraso can be obtained (via different websites) at a few dollars less than Fine (just thought i'd point that out to compare value). Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Sanjay

2 57
 03-28-2015, 12:37 AM
User Info
It really depends on what you are looking for, if your looking for a menthol based A/S then the Proraso is your best bet IMO, and it is a great A/S. I have the Proraso and all of the Fine Accoutrements, American blend, Clean Vetiver, Fresh Vetiver, L'Orange, Platinum and Snake Bite. They all have the initial sting and dry down to their base note scents. If your looking for one notch down from the fires of hell then Snake Bite will get you there. I would Google them and read reviews of each to help guide you in the direction that would best suit you. Your doing the right thing by reaching out, I didnt do that and now have over 75 splashes of which about 20 I really like but I have been at it awhile Smile. Keep an eye out on the BST also, the guys here often have fantastic sales and you can get some excellent products at a fraction of the cost. I hope that helps. Best of Luck!

8 264
 03-28-2015, 09:27 AM
User Info
Thank you George! I guess I'm looking for a mentholated AS with a moisturizing face feel (after drying). I'm not sure if you mentioned if Fine had any sort of moisturizing face feel? Please do if you have the time. Thank you!

2 57
 03-28-2015, 01:37 PM
User Info
Good evening,
I have both, I would put Fine above Proraso in terms of face feel. I only have the L'Orange Noir scent from Fine but I think it also has more menthol than Proraso. I enjoy both.

4 642
 03-30-2015, 03:21 PM
User Info
Thank you for your input. I'll finish up what I have and try Fine AS next. Looking forward to it!

2 57
 04-01-2015, 03:03 AM
User Info
Fine AS's are pretty straight forward but WONDERFULLY scented AS's that ultimately just provide a nice astringent, bracing and cooling effect to the skin. 

Aside from that, I don't find they offer any real moisturizing or conditioning effects to the skin because the ingredients simply just contain alcohol, water, fragrance and menthol. 

65 799
 04-01-2015, 08:22 AM
User Info
^thank you! I did notice the simple ingredients of Fine, which was why I had some questions. Nice to know.

2 57
 04-01-2015, 08:24 AM
User Info
Does Snakebite have any scent? Fragrance isn't an ingredient listed.

2 57
 04-01-2015, 12:26 PM
User Info
I have just bought american blend and platinum, great aftershaves but not enough menthol, scent doesnt seem to last long which was a bit of a shame, but does the job.

0 37
 04-01-2015, 12:51 PM
User Info
(04-01-2015, 12:26 PM)PG1964 Wrote: I have just bought american blend and platinum, great aftershaves but not enough menthol, scent doesnt seem to last long which was a bit of a shame, but does the job.

Have you tried Proraso? If so, how do you feel the menthol content was compared to Fine? Nice to know^

2 57