03-28-2015, 07:45 AM
User Info
I posted the Snow and More Snow thread earlier this year. But Spring is finally here>

We have snow today. It is melting as it hits the blacktop. But it is sticking to trees making everything look nice.
[Image: sCRQ5Kf.jpg]
[Image: xR9MS6m.jpg]
[Image: jr0OHTb.jpg]

BUT this is not a thread about snow. This is about spring!!!!

Yesterday the pond was completely ice free. It is known as "ice out". 
This ML taking pictures.

[Image: KBAOQke.jpg]

She was not taking pics of the pond but of ducks on the pond. The the mallard drake is visible against the far bank. The hen is hard to see due to her coloring.
[Image: 1bBPvks.jpg]

I like how she framed the ducks with the snow covered branches.
[Image: JZcKs9l.jpg]

Th last pic is a close up but the falling snow made it hard to focus.
[Image: yOpvmR0.jpg]

So despite the snow on the ground and the snow falling from the sky it is officially spring. Biggrin

Phil

7 363
 03-28-2015, 07:54 AM
User Info
Very nice pics Phil.  I enjoy your lovely pictures. I'll be up there next week for work. Up in Lebenon/Hanover area, but driving up from BOS Logan. Do you think you can work on warming it up a bit before I get there? Also, if you could take care of the snow that would be great!

21 555
 03-28-2015, 08:21 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
According to time it might be spring, but not in my book.  When the forecast is for rain and not snow, when the overnight lows stay above freezing, and when the flowers start to bloom, then it's spring. Smile

Great pictures, Phil.

175 23,752
 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Phil, fantastic pictures, as always.  Hmmm, a drake and a hen.  Can't wait to see the photos of the ducklings that are sure to follow. Winky

2 11,211
 03-29-2015, 01:33 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Phil! A few feet melted and it should be near August until the rest disappears!  Biggrin

82 21,056
 03-30-2015, 03:23 PM
User Info
We got snow that day too Phil. Snow again today, all day, but it was melting as fast as it came down. It's supposed to turn to rain. Then it'll get warmer until Friday which will be in the 50s. If I heard my wife correctly, cold again this weekend. This happens every year.

32 6,445