• No. Va, USA
User Info
Biggrin
Thanks,MsBlackwolf1

2 1,682
 04-11-2015, 03:46 PM
User Info
Mike,
Congrats and good luck. That is a nice looking pen.

And as others have stated - welcome to the world of fountain pens.

Phil

7 363
 04-11-2015, 04:37 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
Thanks, Phil!

2 1,682
 02-21-2016, 08:04 PM
  • Mynorx
  • Southern California
User Info
(04-01-2015, 01:12 PM)Beautiful Penmanship. I\m gonna have to try one of these pens. Wrote: freddyMike, I have used xfountainpens for several orders and find their service to be excellent.  I have not used the Bulow but I have used the Nemosine pens (the Singularity model) and truly enjoy them.  I have the demonstrator: http://www.xfountainpens.com/collections...untain-pen as well as the same model in ivory and cardinal red.  There is a choice of nibs, which I like.  I have the extra fine, .6 calligraphy, and .8 calligraphy nibs and all three are smooth and pleasant writers.  While these pens are plastic, they are well made, look good, and for the price of $14.99 each are well worth the investment. I have pens that cost more but don't write nearly as nicely as these.  When I ordered mine, a converter was included as were some cartridges. Here are my three pens with writing samples.  I hope this helps:

[Image: eRWpuxB.jpg] 

[Image: tOAcl0I.jpg]

[Image: hRmpGKa.jpg]

These are obviously not vintage pens but they will give you something to compare with what you already have.

1 265
 02-21-2016, 11:43 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
I have not been back to this thread in a bit.
I bought 3 of the Bulow pens. They are decent pens, if you buy them on sale like I have. If you use them daily, they work really well, but they don't take to sitting a few days without a bit of hard starting.
I won an ink samples PIF on one of the FP sites, so have some inks to enjoy. I also purchased Parker Black. IMO, this ink flows really well, so I may try it out in one of the Bulows to see if it makes a difference. I have been using the PIFed samples in them, and some of them from my investigations can be difficult inks.
The Franklin Covey is my best pen, I think. No flow issues or hard starts, even after several days of disuse.
I am enjoying my FPs immensely, and sometimes wonder how I ever got by without them.
Sounds like another hobby we have in common, no? Angel

Shaving

2 1,682
 02-27-2016, 05:38 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(02-21-2016, 11:43 PM)SRNewb Wrote: I have not been back to this thread in a bit.
I bought 3 of the Bulow pens. They are decent pens, if you buy them on sale like I have. If you use them daily, they work really well, but they don't take to sitting a few days without a bit of hard starting.
I won an ink samples PIF on one of the FP sites, so have some inks to enjoy. I also purchased Parker Black. IMO, this ink flows really well, so I may try it out in one of the Bulows to see if it makes a difference. I have been using the PIFed samples in them, and some of them from my investigations can be difficult inks.
The Franklin Covey is my best pen, I think. No flow issues or hard starts, even after several days of disuse.
I am enjoying my FPs immensely, and sometimes wonder how I ever got by without them.
Sounds like another hobby we have in common, no? Angel

Shaving

Absolutely. Biggrin

2 11,211