04-03-2015, 06:45 AM
User Info
I recently purchased a bottle of Chiseled Face's "Sherlock" aftershave and have used it a few times now. The service from chiseledface.com was prompt and friendly, including a hand written thank you on the invoice and a couple of tasty Starburst candies in the box. :-)

Sherlock is a complex, manly scent that reminds me of Fine's American Blend but with a leather component and less spice. It has a goodly amount of menthol in it, which is something I have come to really like over the last year. The finish on the face is excellent. The scent is strong at first, then fades quite a bit but then sustains for a nice long time. I can smell it on my face hours later.

I actually bought "Sherlock" based on others' comments but also a bit on a whim because my DW is a huge fan of the Johnny Lee Miller & Lucy Liu TV series, "Elementary". I have to say I have really enjoyed the discovery. Its really good stuff.

Cheers!

0 35
 04-18-2015, 08:08 AM
User Info
Thanks for sharing your experience with us about this. It sounds like an aftershave that I would like to try. Smile

8 159
 04-18-2015, 01:23 PM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
I like Sherlock.  It has a nicely complex scent as desribed above and a good amount of menthol without going crazy. 
I also like Elementary, and I imagine the leather scent is from all the dusty tomes in his house. 

2 447
 04-23-2015, 02:37 PM
User Info
I am more interested in trying their aftershaves than their soaps because of the great reviews. Getting them to you UK could be tricky though.

4 642
 04-24-2015, 09:12 AM
User Info
(04-03-2015, 06:45 AM)sjdude Wrote: I actually bought "Sherlock" based on others' comments but also a bit on a whim because my DW is a huge fan of the Johnny Lee Miller & Lucy Liu TV series, "Elementary". 

She has noticed that Johnny Lee Miller is never freshly shaved in Elementary?  Cool

0 280
 04-24-2015, 09:23 AM
User Info
(04-23-2015, 02:37 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: I am more interested in trying their aftershaves than their soaps because of the great reviews. Getting them to you UK could be tricky though.

There soaps are quickly becoming one of my favorites. I started with Cryogen which is a BIG shot of Menthol. I liked the way the soap performed so well that I ordered the Summer Storm and shaved with it this morning for the first time and again it produces a great lather.

6 75
 04-24-2015, 02:13 PM
User Info
(04-24-2015, 09:12 AM)Sabre Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 06:45 AM)sjdude Wrote: I actually bought "Sherlock" based on others' comments but also a bit on a whim because my DW is a huge fan of the Johnny Lee Miller & Lucy Liu TV series, "Elementary". 

She has noticed that Johnny Lee Miller is never freshly shaved in Elementary?  Cool

Yes, she has indeed. :-) We're also watching him in Eli Stone, where he is clean shaven. But we're both fans of Arthur Conan Doyle's original works, which is a good part of the inspiration for my choice, as well. Cheers!

0 35