04-04-2015, 09:01 AM
User Info
I am only near one base, Scott AFB, and I didnt see any of the grey market Personna injector blades there anymore yesterday. I usually just pick up an extra pack whether I need one or not. (not that I am a hoarder or anything) Usually when a regularly stocked item is gone from the rack, it disappears everywhere. (remember wilk-sword DE blades @ Wal-Mart?) I just wanted to put this out there to let others get them from their BX/PX before they disappear for good. I dont mean to drum up fear and panic, and surely cant attribute this to one visit to one store, but it seems pretty obvious to me. I hope I am wrong. 

8 169
 04-04-2015, 05:20 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
It must be a local thing.  I know they were on the shelf at both RAF Mildenhall & Lakenheath before I left on vacation.  They were on the shelf at MacDill AFB a few days ago when I was there.
They're not bad blades, but I prefer the Chinese Schicks to the modern Personna.

47 1,923
 04-05-2015, 07:33 AM
User Info
(04-04-2015, 05:20 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: It must be a local thing.  I know they were on the shelf at both RAF Mildenhall & Lakenheath before I left on vacation.  They were on the shelf at MacDill AFB a few days ago when I was there.
They're not bad blades, but I prefer the Chinese Schicks to the modern Personna.

I sure hope you are right. with Personna so readily available I never had to buy the Chicks. Let's hope its a case of Scott AFB running out and failure to restock and not a indication of worse things to come.

8 169
 04-06-2015, 05:32 AM
User Info
I was at Keesler AFB (Biloxi, MS)  last week and found them on an end cap/at the end of the shaving aisle.  Lot's of them as a matter of fact. Sure hope they continue to be carried, I like them.

4 952
 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM
User Info
Not the dreaded end cap!

I checked the end caps at Scott and there weren't any injector blades hanging there either.

8 169
 04-14-2015, 10:33 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
You're right.  I just got back and checked at Mildenhall and they're on the end cap marked 25% off.
Sad

47 1,923
 04-25-2015, 01:08 PM
User Info
Well as an update to this, I went back to Scott AFB and looked a second time. Nothing in the regular isle, and nothing directly on the end cap. But on the SIDE of the end cap...facing the isle, there were 3 hanging there, still at $2.99 a pkg. I picked up 2. I figured with about 50 blades on hand not including the 10 pack of P74s, I should be good for a while, especially as long as they last.

Since they are moving further away from the regular shave isle (like away from the Personna DE blades) I think they are on the short list to be discontinued.

8 169
 04-27-2015, 07:00 PM
User Info
They're gone from Nellis AFB too.  I've been expecting them to dry up for a while.   The packaging looks like it was still from before the Schick buyout.  I think Personna quit making these Platinum Chrome blades at least a couple years ago and what the stores have had was probably in a warehouse since then.  Too bad.  They're good blades.  If you see any, grab 'em while you can.

Edit: Happened to be on base today and checked.  There are still some at the Nellis BX on an end-cap.  Probably about 15 packs left (after I grabbed a few) and their normal spot in the aisle is gone so I think these are the last of them.

0 6
 04-29-2015, 07:31 AM
User Info
I was thinking the same thing. If AAFES ever puts out injector blades again, I bet they will be the schicks at 2-3 times more than what the personnas were being sold for.

8 169