04-06-2015, 04:54 AM
User Info
Good morning gents! Hope everyone had a nice shave and a great cup of Joe to start your day!

My question is,  if anyone can tell me,  what the difference is between the 2 other than the $30 extra dollar price tag on the WSP?

I currently have a TGN HMW (my first and only HMW)   in my Rubberset 400 and it's a great knot/brush,  feel and all. Needing a knot for my incoming Jerusalem Olive wood handle I thought I would look into another knot supplier to spice things up a bit once a couple unexpected expenses get taken care of. I know the cost of something is relative to what someone is willing to pay but curious of your thoughts/comparisons between the 2.

Regards,
Freddie

147 3,539
 04-06-2015, 07:58 AM
User Info
Freddy, I don't think you will find much of a difference in face feel, but, to me, the WSP knots will be better constructed than the TGN ones. Of course, this is all subjective and you may not find it to be the case. If you want to 'spice things up', then you should get a Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band one, or a TGN 2-Band Finest! Biggrin

83 21,081
 04-06-2015, 08:10 AM
User Info
Thanks for posting Celestino. I have never tried the Shavemac but currently have the TGN finest in a customer brush I had Shaverjoe make for me when he was still turning brushes. I actually reach for it more than my Rubberset lol. 

147 3,539
 04-06-2015, 09:03 AM
User Info
I had really considered buying a wsp hmw knot but after seeking the advice of many who had both, many people had great things to say about the wsp but none said it was justified in the price. I have 2 wsp hmw knot and one is my best knot period and the other is poorly constructed and has yet to be installed. I did buy a rather large knot from Nathan Clark via facebook and bought his "envy white" which is supposed a 2 band hmw.

If you are interested, I can give you more updates on the quality of it when I get it.

79 1,339
 04-06-2015, 09:05 AM
User Info
(04-06-2015, 09:03 AM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: I had really considered buying a wsp hmw knot but after seeking the advice of many who had both, many people had great things to say about the wsp but none said it was justified in the price. I have 2 wsp hmw knot and one is my best knot period and the other is poorly constructed and has yet to be installed. I did buy a rather large knot from Nathan Clark via facebook and bought his "envy white" which is supposed a 2 band hmw.

If you are interested, I can give you more updates on the quality of it when I get it.
If you would please. That would be great! 

147 3,539
 04-06-2015, 08:22 PM
User Info
(04-06-2015, 07:58 AM)celestino Wrote: Freddy, I don't think you will find much of a difference in face feel, but, to me, the WSP knots will be better constructed than the TGN ones. Of course, this is all subjective and you may not find it to be the case. If you want to 'spice things up', then you should get a Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band one, or a TGN 2-Band Finest! Biggrin

+1 on the shavemac silvertip 2 band!!

26 235
 04-06-2015, 09:30 PM
User Info
Here was the knot I bought from Envy Shave in Utah (AKA Nathan Clark). It is a HMW 28mm plug. It has a lot of glue bump that is all the way up to the bottom of the black band. I asked Nathan if they will ever have gel tip ends after use and he said some do and some don't. The build quality is pretty solid. It had only a few scraggly hairs.

[Image: in0Wrfp.jpg][Image: PHfwOGZ.jpg][Image: qDIgUnM.jpg][Image: fvQG9lJ.jpg][Image: RZQkZWR.jpg]

79 1,339