06-10-2012, 09:33 AM
User Info
Razor Blades & More has announced the availability of Kai Captain Sharp no-guard blades, $27 per pack. I've used one of the Feather Pro blades, and am now on shave #4 with the Kai Captain Mild blade. At this rate, considering I'm using several other razors in rotation, a pack of blades for the Cobra should last me several months. I'm definitely going to get a pack of the Kai Sharp, to see just how sharp is "sharp".

24 1,151
 06-10-2012, 10:10 AM
User Info
(06-10-2012, 09:33 AM)brothers Wrote: I'm definitely going to get a pack of the Kai Sharp, to see just how sharp is "sharp".

Thanks for the info, Gary. Like you my experience with the Cobra has been limited to the Professionals and Kai Milds, and I am curious about the Kai Sharps.

Are there any members out there that have used the Sharps in a Cobra or Feather/Kai straight? If so, how would you rate them?

51 387
 06-10-2012, 11:24 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(06-10-2012, 10:10 AM)poonjaji Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 09:33 AM)brothers Wrote: I'm definitely going to get a pack of the Kai Sharp, to see just how sharp is "sharp".

Thanks for the info, Gary. Like you my experience with the Cobra has been limited to the Professionals and Kai Milds, and I am curious about the Kai Sharps.

Are there any members out there that have used the Sharps in a Cobra or Feather/Kai straight? If so, how would you rate them?

I would like to know this as well.

7 1,018
 06-10-2012, 03:55 PM
User Info
(06-10-2012, 11:24 AM)Sully Wrote:
(06-10-2012, 10:10 AM)poonjaji Wrote:

I would like to know this as well.

+1 So would i.

75 20,883
 07-22-2012, 11:27 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Any word on the Kai Sharps?

43 1,690
 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Guess I'm going to need to order a pack and report back...

91 17,848
 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM
User Info
I must say that I am enjoying the Kai Mild no guard much more than the Kai or Feather with guards.
ymmv

0 140
 07-29-2012, 07:38 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I'm finding the Kai Mild is lacking in the longevity department. Can anyone report back on the Kai Sharp? I haven't got around to ordering any yet and I'm debating whether just to stick with the (proven and long lasting) Feather...

91 17,848
 07-29-2012, 07:59 AM
User Info
The Kai Mild blades are my favorite for the Cobra. I'm finishing up one month's worth of rotation shaves (14) with the Cobra/Kai Captain Titan Mild, and have no complaints. I'll change it out at the beginning of August. I find them quite more comfortable than the Feather, which has the same hotly aggressive face feel (to me) as the Muhle R41 head (with any DE blade) feels. That's the best way I can describe it. Stocking up on the Kai blades is going to be an expensive but necessary project. That's OK, because with the Cobra I've lost all enthusiasm for finding and buying any other razors, straight, DE, or any other kind. Now, I'm experiencing a very strange feeling of wanting another Cobra to hide away just in case of an unforeseen unavailability of my Cobra. It took me a long long time to get to this point, but here I am. I have multiple DEs and straight razors, so I guess I should have multiple Cobras too.

24 1,151
 07-29-2012, 08:58 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(07-29-2012, 07:59 AM)brothers Wrote: The Kai Mild blades are my favorite for the Cobra. I'm finishing up one month's worth of rotation shaves (14) with the Cobra/Kai Captain Titan Mild, and have no complaints. I'll change it out at the beginning of August. I find them quite more comfortable than the Feather, which has the same hotly aggressive face feel (to me) as the Muhle R41 head (with any DE blade) feels. That's the best way I can describe it. Stocking up on the Kai blades is going to be an expensive but necessary project. That's OK, because with the Cobra I've lost all enthusiasm for finding and buying any other razors, straight, DE, or any other kind. Now, I'm experiencing a very strange feeling of wanting another Cobra to hide away just in case of an unforeseen unavailability of my Cobra. It took me a long long time to get to this point, but here I am. I have multiple DEs and straight razors, so I guess I should have multiple Cobras too.

You can get a better deal http://shearintegrity.com/category/kai-c...azors.html on your Kai blades.

100 12,442
 07-29-2012, 09:10 AM
  • Craig
  • Not a ragin Cajun; a mild mannered one
  • Astoria, NYC
User Info
(07-29-2012, 08:58 AM)slantman Wrote:
(07-29-2012, 07:59 AM)brothers Wrote: The Kai Mild blades are my favorite for the Cobra. I'm finishing up one month's worth of rotation shaves (14) with the Cobra/Kai Captain Titan Mild, and have no complaints. I'll change it out at the beginning of August. I find them quite more comfortable than the Feather, which has the same hotly aggressive face feel (to me) as the Muhle R41 head (with any DE blade) feels. That's the best way I can describe it. Stocking up on the Kai blades is going to be an expensive but necessary project. That's OK, because with the Cobra I've lost all enthusiasm for finding and buying any other razors, straight, DE, or any other kind. Now, I'm experiencing a very strange feeling of wanting another Cobra to hide away just in case of an unforeseen unavailability of my Cobra. It took me a long long time to get to this point, but here I am. I have multiple DEs and straight razors, so I guess I should have multiple Cobras too.

You can get a better deal http://shearintegrity.com/category/kai-c...azors.html on your Kai blades.

Thanks for the source! 60 blades would get me through several years.

6 119
 07-29-2012, 09:21 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(07-29-2012, 09:10 AM)Craig Wrote:
(07-29-2012, 08:58 AM)slantman Wrote:

Thanks for the source! 60 blades would get me through several years.

You are welcomeBiggrin

100 12,442