06-10-2012, 01:15 PM
User Info

They are used by Turkish barbers, it takes a half DE blade its very
cumbersome to load the razor and avoid touching the blade and be careful not to slice your fingertips when changing the blade, press against the hard surface to align it.its very light razor when i first received my sedef razor had very loose handle no problem with that its made of metal and has jimbs for traction and very nice Turkish shavette

0 162
 06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
User Info
Is it safe to use and how does it shave?

75 20,883
 06-12-2012, 02:35 AM
User Info
(06-11-2012, 09:03 PM)celestino Wrote: Is it safe to use and how does it shave?

Yes as long you take your time it shaves very well and smooth

0 162
 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM
User Info
So it's a Turkish shavette?

9 451
 06-13-2012, 06:33 PM
User Info
These are the razors that I used to use for our Hot Towel Luxury Shaves, but have switched to a Dovo Stainless Steel Shavette.

The blades are difficult to change out, and once the blade is snapped in half, you still have to break off the end tabs. Loading the razor will take patience, a lot of 'knowhow', and extreme safety. Getting the blade out can be a challenge also.

However, in spite of its loading and unloading design flaws, it does give a nice and close shave. I would still be using these razors for our shaves, if I hadn't found the Dovo.

0 28
 06-13-2012, 06:37 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Troy, have you ever thought about using one of the Feather Artist series razors? Seems like that would a good razor for a barber shop.

173 23,535
 06-14-2012, 07:36 PM
User Info
(06-13-2012, 06:37 PM)Johnny Wrote: Troy, have you ever thought about using one of the Feather Artist series razors? Seems like that would a good razor for a barber shop.

Johnny;

You have asked a great question. I use the Feather AC (on clients that have very thick and heavy stubble), and it does give a nice shave. What turned me onto the Dovo Stainless Steel Shavette, was a master barber's advice, and his demonstration of it. The control I have learned with the Dovo is perfect for me, and it gives a better shave for my clients with regular stubble or have sensitive skin. Sometimes, the Feather AC feels a bit heavy-handed for me.

0 28
 06-18-2012, 04:52 PM
User Info
Hi Troy,
Have you looked at the Parker SR line of straight razor with replaceable blades? I have the SRW version which I went with instead of the Dovo shavettes because there were no plastic blade holders involved. I was concerned about the wear and tear on the plastic and I thought the Parkers looked a lot sturdier. I have had great success with it and the blades are very easy to change out. Here is a
about the Parker SR razors.

0 123