04-10-2015, 01:18 AM
User Info
So after becoming more familiar with essential oils and as the soap stash still grows and grows, I have become aware of my love for herbs and balsmic smells.

I have enjoyed Le Pére Lucien soap ever since first trying it. My favorite pairing with that is to use the Myrsol Agua Balsamica.

Today, I also received and shaved with the Calani Malabar soap which is scented with Cardamom and Safron.

Can anyone shed some light on soaps I could be missing out on?

Thanks!

82 1,373
 04-10-2015, 02:59 AM
User Info
Humm... I would highly recommend "The Spicy One", from Nanny's Silly Soaps (UK).
One of the best scents that I've ever tried on a shaving product.

2 5,548
 04-10-2015, 03:46 AM
User Info
Barrister & Mann Ferox.  Grapefruit with thyme and a touch of vetiver.  Pairs perfectly with the Agua Balsamica.

16 250
 04-10-2015, 03:59 AM
  • RobinK
  • I like things that work.
  • Munich, Germany
User Info
Green Mountain Soap "Balsam Spice" - comparatively cheap, but very good. 

Several Meißner Tremonia products, including two of their aftershave balms (and a soap that will be launched in the fall). These are the most interesting scents I know, and definitely the best skin care. Pricey, but well worth it.

Lorenz Villoresi "Uomo" if you can find it. Only mentioned for completeness' sake, because it is a bit finicky to lather, and very expensive.

0 197
 04-10-2015, 07:32 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Three Strop Shoppe soaps might be worth a look, Alpine Frost (evergreen), Baker Street (mostly juniper and patchoulli to me), and Rosemary Mint (kind of reminds me of Czech and Speake Oxford and Canbridge in a way). Other folks make a rosemary mint shaving soap too.

For a bath soap, Martin de Candre thyme, cinnamon, and clove, for a hand soap Martin de Candre tolu balsam.

Cheers, Steve

7 540
 04-11-2015, 11:35 AM
User Info
Give the CRSW Savon #1 a try. Very much to me a herbal and with the cedar a beautiful balance. Classic and elegant!

0 155