04-12-2015, 04:04 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
I have found the perfect combo for me. If you have saw my past few post them you realize how much of a hard time I have had with wet shaving the past few years. I've tried a few different razors, soaps, brushes, etc.

I had received an M2 from a member on here and shaved with it with a Personna. Red When I first got it with terrible results. Well that has chanced. Two nights ago I was at the NEX. Here at the Navy base i stay at while at guard drill. I bought some Exhange Select blades and said what the heck and have them a go. This has been my first DE shave since I first got into wet shaving. The past two years have been with a Cobra, and Mongoose. The only other razor I had used was a Merkur 34C. I have been getting the best, smooths, shaves on my coarse heard in my neck area. Usually I get this after not shaving for a few days, but these past two shaves were after a full week of shaving which usually leaves all kind of stubble on the neck area with the Goose, but not with this ATT M2.

Only two days in, but this could quite become my perfect set up. And could it be any better with these cheap blades that are amazing for see Img as how a 10 is like 1.19?. Hopefully great shaves are ahead. The rest of the set up is Cella a Plisson Synthetic and Kramperts Frostbite. I also have switched to cold water shaving as it seems to not be dryingmy out my face while the lather is on and gives me a more cooling shave in the 90 degree Mississippi hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 970
 04-12-2015, 04:43 PM
User Info
Very cool. Congrats on finding your "it" razor. The ATT line is such fine stuff! My current favorite is my S1 on an iKon tuckaway handle.

I'm really enjoying I Coloniali shaving soap more than I've enjoyed a new soap since my first shave with Stirling. I like very strongly scented soaps and, as far as I know, I haven't got allergies to any shaving product ingredients (yet).
Euro

5 395
 04-13-2015, 02:49 AM
User Info
Congratulations on finding the right gear that delivers shaves to your satisfaction. You stuck with it and now it's paying off.

9 202
 04-13-2015, 08:39 AM
User Info
Congratulations on finding your winning combo.  I feel like I'm getting there myself, but there's sooo much stuff to try.

0 1,071
 04-13-2015, 09:47 AM
User Info
 04-13-2015, 12:00 PM
User Info
For now congrats. 
You'll be back hoarding new products soon is my believe.....

24 5,965
 04-13-2015, 12:55 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Maybe so, I've already got a brick of Vitos in today. I figure that and a brick of Cella will be all I ever need, except maybe some frostbite soap for summer.

As for blades, these things are marvelous and cheap. Might go hoard all the ones at the local NEX here. As for aftershaves, I've got the Frostbite for summer and that's all I will use. Never have tried Brian's Bay Rum but if it's as good as the Frostbite I'll use those two exclusively for summer and winter.

15 970
 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM
  • tsimmns
  • Mississippi
User Info
Might also add an S1 to go along with the M2 in the future

15 970
 04-13-2015, 12:57 PM
User Info
You haven't done anything wrong from what I can see. Whether you keep on hording products or not, you are morally secure from my perspective! Don't lose any sleep! I wouldn't!

Peace!

0 122
 04-13-2015, 01:48 PM
User Info
(04-13-2015, 09:47 AM)celestino Wrote: Thumbsup

+1

2 612