04-14-2015, 11:29 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
[Image: rhLyJCU.jpg][Image: doRmNUJ.jpg][Image: 35Zgs5q.jpg]

Here is another brush in fantastic shape.  Even though my other Rooney sold elsewhere within hours of posting it, I still would prefer to give my fellow Nookers first chance.  This brush has a great knot with soft tips and moderate backbone.  The handle is in excellent condition even though it seemed to attract a bit of dust before the photo shoot.  The tips on this brush are also slightly curled making them a little crispy when dry but nice and soft when wet.  The knot measures 25mm in diameter with a 50mm loft.  Price is $75 shipped to US members, which includes paypal fees.  International members are welcome if willing to pay the additional shipping costs.

PM me if you would like to buy the brush or feel free to post any questions here.  This will get posted elsewhere on Thursday.

145 2,752
 04-14-2015, 01:39 PM
User Info
Does this shed? Sending Pm

1 4
 04-14-2015, 01:47 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(04-14-2015, 01:39 PM)AdamAl Wrote: Does this shed? Sending Pm

I have not experienced any shedding with this brush.  I have heard of Rooney brushes shedding over the last year or so, but I have not ever purchased one with those problems.

145 2,752
 04-14-2015, 01:58 PM
User Info
Are all Silver tip Rooneys the "Super Solvertip" and is this the model that retails at 110$?

Sorry for the questions, I've never actually owned a Rooney!

PM is full!

1 4
 04-14-2015, 02:09 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(04-14-2015, 01:58 PM)AdamAl Wrote: Are all Silver tip Rooneys the "Super Solvertip" and is this the model that retails at 110$?

Sorry for the questions, I've never actually owned a Rooney!

PM is full!

I have cleared my inbox, sorry about that.   Blush

This is the same brush that sells new from several vendors for $110.  It is called Silvertip badger, the old brushes were labeled Super Badger which many vendors then called Super Silvertip.  Many have speculated that these are all different classifications from Rooney, but in my experience the variances are more along the lines of batch-to-batch differences rather than classifications.  Others will disagree, but those are just my two cents.

145 2,752
 04-14-2015, 03:07 PM
User Info
When Rooney switched from the block lettering to the script logo, they also discontinued the Super Silvertip grade. Supposedly because it was too labor intensive and hard to explain the benefits. Currently they have Pure, Best and Silvertip grades in the standard non-heritage models.

40 1,166
 04-14-2015, 03:25 PM
User Info
That is beautiful. I had one and made the mistake of letting it go. GLWTS

6 75