04-14-2015, 02:47 PM
  • Slim
  • Tennessee
User Info
I've started this same thread concerning custom razor handles several times. I've contacted AKASL and also Toby from triad, but know response.  I want either Toby or Andy because ive heard they are the best. I'd rather have a custom to my specific weight length ect. Most after market handles ate way to heavy for my liking. I gave up on trying to contact Andy, because I way told due to his demanding Job he currently doesn't make handles anymore. So how do i contact Toby?

0 80
 04-14-2015, 03:48 PM
User Info
Toby has said he is no longer taking orders for custom handles. When he has something for sale he lists it on the Artisan sub forum. 

46 489
 04-14-2015, 05:15 PM
User Info
AKASL handles aren't being made to my knowledge and if they are it will be quite the wait. 

I'd suggest looking into Jürgen Hempel. You'll see his work on many Mongooses in the SOTD thread. 

31 8,058
 04-14-2015, 09:15 PM
User Info
You may want to consider some of the other artisans here such as Doug Korn, Brad Sears, etcetera who can provide you with a lighter handle for you to alleviate the issue you have with heavier handles. There is also James, Wolfman Razors, who will be offering aluminum handles as well and Razor Blades and More has a good selection of Matador handles for very inexpensive prices.  
Best of luck. 

83 21,115
 04-15-2015, 04:57 AM
  • TADIII
  • Gilletter from Home
  • FL & NC
User Info
I have handles from both Toby and Andy, and they are all wonderful to me.  I also have a GS1 handle from Justin Griest, which I really love, and he has three sizes of the GS2 now up on his web site (http://griestshaving.weebly.com/).  Will Quiles (over on another Forum) has been working in titanium lately, and when I contacted him (about a year ago) he was willing to work with me on design parameters, but although that deal fell through, pictures of his work still pique my handle acquisition disorder.

16 91
 04-15-2015, 02:21 PM
  • duanek
  • New Zealand
User Info
I have a titanium from Will Quiles - I prefer the weight over stainless (it's significantly lighter, but not as ridiculously light as aluminium)

5 25
 04-16-2015, 06:54 AM
User Info
Try jurgen hempel

0 98
 04-16-2015, 07:08 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
I have arthritis in my hands. Brad Sears made this handle for me. It is wood and unweighted. It works beautifully with my Mongoose. I thought I would have to limit the use of my Mongoose for days when my hands were stronger. After getting the handle I use my Mongoose almost exclusively.
[Image: dVMp3rG.jpg][Image: rAevwPT.jpg][Image: 1KcSt2n.jpg]

70 1,098
 04-16-2015, 08:06 AM
User Info
Lovely handle, Barry! 

83 21,115
 04-16-2015, 08:35 AM
User Info
I have a titanium handle from Rafael at UFO.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this handle.  His stainless handles are beautiful, too, but I really like the weight of the titanium handle.  Just perfect. 

Maybe one of the artisans listed above can do a handle in titanium for you? 

2 1,552