04-15-2015, 08:49 AM
User Info
This antiperspirant http://www.amazon.com/Dove-Invisible-Sol...B00CHHKKJU doesn't work for me. After I go out of the shower I towel dry my armpits and I apply the antiperspirant. It doesn't even last an hour till I feel wetness under the armpits and there are stains on my t shirt. My armpits are also very greasy to the touch after I apply the stuff. Anyone else experience this?

0 98
 04-15-2015, 10:35 AM
User Info
I've used it in a few different scents and like it very much.  It's the only anti-perspirant that I've used that doesn't irritate my skin.

The deodorant version is OK.  It can feel a little greasy, and since it's not an anti-perspirant, it won't prevent sweating.  Are you sure you didn't get the deodorant? The packaging looks very similar.

0 1,053
 04-15-2015, 10:52 AM
User Info
There are just some that don't work for people.  I've always been a very heavy pit sweater, my shirts were always ruined very quickly with white, crunchy pits.  Years ago, I started using CertainDry at night before bed.  This stuff is a miracle for me, YMMV.  I also still wear an antiperspirant during the day because I can still get a little "moist".  For me, the only one that works and smells good to me is Old Spice Fiji.  Once again, YMMV.

I know a lot of the guys on here will say that I'm putting way to many chemicals on, but personally I'd rather have the chemicals than sweaty, crusty, white pits!  Biggrin

21 555
 04-15-2015, 11:09 AM
User Info
Alex, I have used the a Dry Spray version of that product and haven't had those issues, if you like that scent.

Brian, CertainDri makes an AM formula of their product that I like as well, it has white and blue packaging and comes in roll-on or stick.

95 2,586
 04-16-2015, 04:00 AM
User Info
(04-15-2015, 08:49 AM)Alex7 Wrote: This antiperspirant http://www.amazon.com/Dove-Invisible-Sol...B00CHHKKJU doesn't work for me. After I go out of the shower I towel dry my armpits and I apply the antiperspirant. It doesn't even last an hour till I feel wetness under the armpits and there are stains on my t shirt. My armpits are also very greasy to the touch after I apply the stuff. Anyone else experience this?
My experience was pretty much the same minus the stains when using Dove. My usual antiperspirant is Degree and it really has the strength to keep me dry even during the hot summer months.

9 202
 04-16-2015, 04:55 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
I've had a great relationship with Dove!  It works very well for me.  My only problem is finding the Aqua Impact scent that I like.  In my area, only the Bilo grocery stores carry it.  

11 678
 04-22-2015, 07:47 PM
User Info
Personally I do not like Dove. I would look for a scentless antiperspirant that actually gets the job done and isn't just for making you smell like a pineapple.

0 7
 04-24-2015, 07:51 AM
User Info
Best one so far for me is Mitchum Unscented. I like to use good EDTs and parfums, so I do not want my deodorant scented. The Mitchum has exceptionally long lasting blocking effect. I can go easily 24 hr with no sweating at all, it also does not leave white residue on my shirts.

11 435
 04-24-2015, 08:55 AM
User Info
I have never liked solid antiperspirants. I use to use spray on's, but since the flight regulations on can's I now use roll on's and wouldn't look back. I keep switching brands as my favourites get reformulated, every six months they change  Undecided

0 278
 06-18-2015, 03:40 AM
User Info
I have tried the roll on version for the lst year or more and find it a good replacement for Degree which I used religiously for over 10 years. Not sure if those are available in the US though.

39 275
 06-23-2015, 11:25 PM
User Info
I would love to find some sort of antiperspirant that actually works. Ever since I was about 12 years old, I've sweat profusely, even in the middle of the winter in subzero temperatures. Armpits and head mostly. However, the sweaty armpit stains have always been embarrassing for me so I've always had to avoid wearing certain colors and wear jackets/vests/sweaters when possible.

To make it even more difficult, I've got sensitive armpits. Nearly every deodorant/antiperspirant I've ever used will give me a fiery rash within a day or to of use. I use Old Spice Sweat Defense, in the fresh scent which surprisingly doesn't bother my skin. However a recent scent reformulation has changed things in a not so favorable manner. I'm tempted to try something new, but the rash that follows with most seems like it may not be worth it.

4 63
 06-24-2015, 09:03 AM
User Info
(04-15-2015, 08:49 AM)Alex7 Wrote: This antiperspirant http://www.amazon.com/Dove-Invisible-Sol...B00CHHKKJU doesn't work for me. After I go out of the shower I towel dry my armpits and I apply the antiperspirant. It doesn't even last an hour till I feel wetness under the armpits and there are stains on my t shirt. My armpits are also very greasy to the touch after I apply the stuff. Anyone else experience this?

For me if a deoderant makes me sweat more then that's a sign its a little too strong for me. I've used dove but mainly use mithchum and its equal to clinical strenght and its cheap and it smells good. I know some guys that have excessive sweat under the arms and mitchum has helped them while some use that little roll on liquid deoderant that the name has left me for the time being. Dove is a good deoderant but Mitchum agrees with me more and lasts forever.

3 1,356
 06-24-2015, 09:06 AM
User Info
Certain Dri is the name of the roll on my friends swear by. Some of them can't wear light shirts and sweat very very heavily and the certain dry has helped them a lot . One friend is very very self conscious about his sweating and the certain Dri has helped him a lot.

3 1,356
 09-27-2015, 12:26 PM
User Info
I'm going to have to try certain dry. I can sweat in the Ohio winters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 854
 12-05-2015, 08:20 PM
User Info
(09-27-2015, 12:26 PM)EJaggerMan Wrote: I'm going to have to try certain dry. I can sweat in the Ohio winters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to bump an old thread but if Certain-Dri didn't work for you, you should give Sweatblock (on Amazon) a try.

4 89
 02-07-2016, 01:44 AM
User Info
Yeah I find them weak as well, cause I really do sweat quite a bit. What worked for me? Good ol' alum crystals.

10 1,128