04-18-2015, 07:51 AM
User Info
The teist knob on subj razor just fell out this morning while I was removing the blade. I can't it to go back in the handle.  There is a slot on the twist knob but I can't line it up with anything inside the handle.  Anyone     able to help me get humpty back together again?  Thanks.

0 1
 04-18-2015, 08:06 AM
User Info
(04-18-2015, 07:51 AM)bobbyb Wrote: The teist knob on subj razor just fell out this morning while I was removing the blade. I can't it to go back in the handle.  There is a slot on the twist knob but I can't line it up with anything inside the handle.  Anyone     able to help me get humpty back together again?  Thanks.
This is a thread from a sister forum. Check it out. There may be a thread right here on the Nook, but I am unaware of it.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/166691-Merkur-Progress-assembly-problem!

I am not a moderator, but they would suggest you go introduce yourself on the introduction page:
http://shavenook.com/forum-introductions

Welcome to the Nook.  Biggrin

39 3,947
 04-18-2015, 08:33 AM
User Info
[Image: kRu43eS.jpg]
This is probably how your Slant looks right now, if I understand you correctly. The slotted ring is a spring, meant to secure the knob and shaft inside the handle by friction alone.

[Image: Tg8sThI.jpg]
Start by inserting the shaft into the handle.

[Image: jepguf4.jpg]
At this point, compress the ring with your fingers (or pliers, if you need the extra leverage) and simply push the shaft the rest of the way in. It'll be tight, but that's a good thing - what I do is to place the head in the other end of the razor and simply tighten the knob completely.

Hope that helped and, as Primo suggest, you may want to swing by the introductions subforum.

Primo, the Progress is a different beast than the Slant - nice find though.

3 4,665
 04-18-2015, 10:52 AM
User Info
Thank you for the correction, Hans.

39 3,947
 04-18-2015, 08:19 PM
User Info
Great pictorial explanation, Hans!  Thumbup

83 21,109