04-18-2015, 01:01 PM
User Info
This week I finally made my first 100 blade purchase; Durablade 7AM Plus   I've been DE shaving for about 6 months and using up my very large sampler pack....  Recently I tried 3 of the 7AM blades and had 2 weeks of BBS with no cuts or irritation.   Previously I had good experience with Astras and some of the Gillettes, but the 7AMs just felt a little better...    So I decided to pull the trigger and make them my first 100 blade order.

The thing is, I've been reading the blade forums a lot and don't see 7AM blades mentioned much, at least not in the way Astras, Feathers and Personnas are talked about.  I still have a lot of blades to sample yet and I'm certain I will be making other 100 blade bulk purchases, but I have feeling that 7AM Plus made be the blade for me.  YMMV indeed..

0 4
 04-18-2015, 03:35 PM
User Info
Congrats on finding your blade.  I did not care for 7AM Pluses in my Super Speed, but I think they might do better in another razor.  I've got some more so I might pop one in a different razor and see what happens.

0 1,053
 04-18-2015, 04:13 PM
User Info
Congratulations on finding your blade.  I've tried about 40 blades over the years.  At some point in the past I tried the Durablade 7AM, but it was so long ago I don't remember anything about it.

48 5,708
 04-18-2015, 10:41 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
The only thing I remember about the 7am Durablade was that it was the 2nd worst blade I've ever used (threw the rest of the pack away).  The worst blade I've used is the "Sharp" (also by Durablade).
Glad they work for you though. Smile

47 1,901
 04-20-2015, 11:50 AM
User Info
I have one of these from an old sampler that I should take out for a spin one of these days. The reviews I've read haven't been that enthusiastic, but that's not to say it can't be the perfect blade for you. Right now Personna Reds are my favorite, and plenty of shavers don't like them either. I also had a good experience with Treet Classics (Black beauties) and there are probably more negative reviews than positive ones on those. 

38 1,159
 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM
  • josephd
  • San Dimas, CA
User Info
I recently purchased 100 Astra SPs which work great for my Muhle 41R. Ironically they don't perform as well in the WeiShi razor (probably the razor's fault, it's that rebranded Van den Hagen at Target). So many factors, faces, soaps, brushes and razor combinations. I'm glad you found a winner.

0 40
 04-20-2015, 09:58 PM
  • Carson
  • Adelaide, Australia
User Info
Its great that you found a blade that works well for you.

One thing Ive come to realise is how subjective blade choice is. I suppose this is not just because how they perform or what razor they're in but also the feel of the blade doing the cutting.

0 108