06-11-2012, 12:49 PM
User Info
I have been using these two products together.
First the splash, then a tiny dab of the PdP balm.
The scents complement one another nicely, and they both work great.

2 59
 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Interesting. I've never use the Pre de Provence products but I love Pitralon Classic.

173 23,492
 06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
What does Pitralon Classic smell like?

45 3,955
 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
User Info
I'm terrible at describing scents so I poached this, but I think it's pretty accurate:
Pitralon Classic mixes a hearty dose of herbs with the pine, making for a very dry (i.e., not sweet) fragrance. When I first apply it, I get sage and maybe thyme and rosemary. Very earthy, but the pine is still there. After an hour or so the herbs have died out a bit and the pine becomes more dominant, but still grounded with the herbs and makes the scent somewhat serious. I can still smell it 4 hours later, but it's faded quite a bit. By the end of the work day it's pretty much gone from conscious sniffing, but occasionally I'll still be surprised by a whiff.

2 59
 06-11-2012, 06:06 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(06-11-2012, 05:55 PM)superbleu Wrote: I'm terrible at describing scents so I poached this, but I think it's pretty accurate:
Pitralon Classic mixes a hearty dose of herbs with the pine, making for a very dry (i.e., not sweet) fragrance. When I first apply it, I get sage and maybe thyme and rosemary. Very earthy, but the pine is still there. After an hour or so the herbs have died out a bit and the pine becomes more dominant, but still grounded with the herbs and makes the scent somewhat serious. I can still smell it 4 hours later, but it's faded quite a bit. By the end of the work day it's pretty much gone from conscious sniffing, but occasionally I'll still be surprised by a whiff.

Bleu, I'm sure glad you tackled this. I am terrible at describing scents and this is a pretty good description of the Pitralon Classic.

173 23,492