04-20-2015, 04:16 AM
User Info
Gents,

The Parker Duofold is one of my favourite fountain pens, and within the Duofold range the 'Citrine' is the one I think has the most spectacular colours.  Actually, with the mandarin yellow Cloisonné this is one of the colours I like most for summer.

[Image: parkerduofoldcentennialcitrinedef.jpg]

What I would really like is a shaving brush handle in this material, but for that I need to know where I can source it.

So, can I ask for any suggestions, hints or clues as for where to find such a ' Citrine ' material suitable for turning a shaving brush handle?

Thanks!

0 666
 04-20-2015, 05:10 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
The closest handle I've seen (and it isn't even remotely near) is this Simpson's art deco brush...

[Image: VTszU5e.png]

Hopefully one of the artisans might provide a lead on where to source some suitable rod stock...

99 18,011
 04-20-2015, 12:38 PM
User Info
Wim, that is a beautiful pattern and colour! It would make for a gorgeous handle that would look great in your SOTD pics! Biggrin  Good luck with your search.

83 21,110
 04-22-2015, 03:12 AM
User Info
I am actually making progress!

I have been told by one company that the mosaic could be made by cutting strips and gluing them but that it would be a lot of work.

We'll see what materials they can produce, and whether the cost would be reasonable.

But I see a Citrine in my future!

0 666
 04-22-2015, 03:45 AM
  • MPH
  • UK
User Info
[quote pid='527726' dateline='1429701170']
wimboumanI am actually making progress!

I have been told by one company that the mosaic could be made by cutting strips and gluing them but that it would be a lot of work.

We'll see what materials they can produce, and whether the cost would be reasonable.

But I see a Citrine in my future!
[/quote]

Best of luck! That would luck stunning!!!!

If you ever make 2 let me know!!! ha ha ha!

Matt

1 178