04-20-2015, 12:53 PM
User Info
I have a Semogue 103 and the knot has came out of the handle. This makes the third Semogue 1305 that I have this happen to. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Mod Edit to correct sentencing and meaning.

3 49
 04-24-2015, 03:26 AM
User Info
I have had a half a dozen or so Semogue brushes, to include the 1305, for many, many years and have not encountered knot issues in any of them. Have you contacted the vendor? Semogue?  Some pictures could help.

Thanks,
Ed

22 764
 04-24-2015, 04:13 AM
User Info
That's strange! I've never had that happen to me. 

Do you still have those knots? I'd love to put one in another handle. Smile

37 1,743
 04-24-2015, 04:34 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
Do you soak the knot in hot water as your showering? I have many semogues and the same thing happened to my SOC. That being I soaked mine in hot water all the time cause the glue to melt. Its recommended to soak the knot halfway submerged in water with cold/room temperature water. That's what I do now and when I'm right to lather I quickly wring all the water out then dip in warm quickly before loading any soap/cream. Hope that helps!

10 963
 04-24-2015, 04:56 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
(04-24-2015, 04:34 AM)Balj86 Wrote: Do you soak the knot in hot water as your showering? I have many semogues and the same thing happened to my SOC. That being I soaked mine in hot water all the time cause the glue to melt. Its recommended to soak the knot halfway submerged in water with cold/room temperature water. That's what I do now and when I'm right to lather I quickly wring all the water out then dip in warm quickly before loading any soap/cream. Hope that helps!

That would be my guess too, you are cooking the brush in too hot water and softening the glue. I think it is pretty unlikely that you would get 3 brushes in a row from the same manufacturer with faulty knots. I have a Semouge 1305 and aside from shedding some bristles occasionally no problem with the knot falling out. I don't soak my brushes just swirl them in cold water (cold water shaver) and lather up. When finished run the knot under cold water, some quick shakes and hang inverted to dry. 

Bob

0 1,694
 04-24-2015, 07:52 AM
User Info
(04-24-2015, 04:34 AM)Balj86 Wrote: Do you soak the knot in hot water as your showering? I have many semogues and the same thing happened to my SOC. That being I soaked mine in hot water all the time cause the glue to melt. Its recommended to soak the knot halfway submerged in water with cold/room temperature water. That's what I do now and when I'm right to lather I quickly wring all the water out then dip in warm quickly before loading any soap/cream. Hope that helps!

+2  This is what seems to possibly be the culprit to it happening on your third 1305.

83 21,109