04-21-2015, 05:28 AM
User Info
I picked up a bottle of Indian Old Spice mainly because I wanted the glass bottle.  I was surprised that it was also made by P&G, just like the stuff we get.  I always thought it was made by a different company.  When I opened the bottle, I was expecting the exact same scent as the one in the plastic bottle.  To my surprise, it was similar, but different.  The Indian stuff is much more "mellow" for lack of any other words.  I really like Old Spice, but I like this Indian one much better.  Not as strong and "spicy" as our stuff.  Face feel is almost identical, intense alcohol burn for a few seconds and nice skin tightening.

I did notice that ours is called "Classic" while the Indian version is called "Original".  I'm also wondering if the scent mellowing isn't due to the glass bottle vs the plastic bottle?  I know my Aqua Velva scent changes a little bit for the better when I move it over to a glass bottle.

Either way, it was a good purchase just for the glass bottle.  I'm sure due to the expense, I'll probably just fill it with US Old Spice when it's done. 

Just wanted to share my experience.

Indian on left, US on right
[Image: GaqmDX0.jpg]

US bottle
[Image: eRth7jk.jpg]

Indian bottle
[Image: Invsruu.jpg]

Indian box
[Image: XpwcX7s.jpg]

21 555
 04-22-2015, 04:05 AM
User Info
Well it states that the Indian Old Spice is manufactured by Rubicon Formulations and is marketed by P&G. The previous Indian products were released in plastic bottles. I bought a bottle of the Lime version, so cannot comment regarding Classic vs Original. Maybe the license expired? There are probably photos uploaded on the internet.

0 280
 04-22-2015, 04:10 AM
User Info
MCPL India appears to have lost the license in 2012, there are a few threads on B&B. We still have glass bottles in the UK.

[Image: eGZ6S3a.jpg]

0 280
 04-22-2015, 09:14 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I did a 4-way comparison of the different Old spice variants here: http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/sh...?tid=24504

47 1,924