04-21-2015, 10:50 AM
User Info
Hi guys, I am on a soap buying spree, have not purchased new stuff for several years so it is time to refresh the contents of my cabinet.
Looking at what is in trend now, and what is considered good product, I wanted to try Soap Commander. I did not find much about them on the site, so if anyone has experience please share.
I am also interested in their after shave balm.

Thanks in advance.

11 435
 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
User Info
It's awesome stuff and that's the soap and the balm. I personally think it is the best vegan soap on the market. I have Inspiration which is Japanese Grapefruit, it is a refreshing citrus scent.

The guys at soap commander are great to deal with too. I would highly recommend them and I am sure many others will do to. 

4 642
 04-21-2015, 01:15 PM
User Info
Quality soap and a very good value. Renewal (floral fougere) is my current favorite, but Inspiration, Respect and Endurance are all excellent.

The balm is excellent as well. Soothing without being greasy, and you only need a tiny amount.

9 112
 04-21-2015, 02:06 PM
User Info
First, they're great people. Their texture is possibly the firmest artisan soap so it'll last a long time. Haven't tried their newer scents but Passion was the standout from their first run. Tubs are heavy duty and unique.

4 355
 04-21-2015, 04:23 PM
User Info
(04-21-2015, 11:00 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: It's awesome stuff and that's the soap and the balm. I personally think it is the best vegan soap on the market.

Can you be more specific? Compared to what? In terms of what is it best (Cushion, scent, slickness, ease of lathering)? I might be interested in the rose scent but I'm skeptical about new products...

18 713
 04-21-2015, 05:42 PM
User Info
Great soap. You can get the whole set of samples for $14 here:

http://soapcommander.com/products/shaving-soap-samples

15 98
 04-21-2015, 06:03 PM
User Info
I would def recommend it. I have fives of their balms and four of their soaps. Their balms are my favorite hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 326
 04-21-2015, 08:22 PM
User Info
Hard to go wrong here. I concur with all that's been said above. Probably my favorite consistency of all the artisan soaps. Much firmer than all the soft soaps, but definitely not triple milled hard either. Kind of a Goldilocks for consistency IMHO. Regarding their balms all I will say is that I'm not a balm guy at all yet I can use the Soap Commander balms with pleasure. 

31 8,057
 04-21-2015, 08:27 PM
User Info
I tend to "clean out the closet" and get rid of everything if I find something I like better. Pretty much the only soaps I'm currently using are Soap Commander and MdC. Excellent glide and scents are quality. Cushion is great as well, but as with all soaps (imo) is dependent on how you lather.
A great way to try different scents are the bath soaps. They get used up pretty quickly whereas I find a sample soap just hangs out in the drawer after I try it.

Of any artisan soaps I esteem them the highest, hope you give them a try.

3 202
 04-21-2015, 08:32 PM
User Info
Ordered "Courage" soap and "Integrity" aftershave balm to try.

11 435
 04-21-2015, 09:10 PM
User Info
I always keep the integrity balm around. It doesn't have a scent, and has a nice menthol bite. Like Brian, I am not a balms guy, but theirs is incredible.

7 89
 04-22-2015, 01:55 AM
User Info
I am normally a tallow kind of guy.  Soap Commander is the vegan soap for shavers who prefer tallow.  Great glide and post shave feel.  I own 3 of their soaps:  Respect (lime/patchouli); Love (rose) and Inspiration (Japanese Grapefruit).  All great.

And, there is something magical about their aftershave balm.  I tried everything to calm the irritation on my chin.  Once I started using their aftershave balm, it disappeared, as if by magic.  I have 5 tubs of their Integrity aftershave balm.  I plan on buying more.  If Darren and Carrie stop making it, I am sunk.

2 63
 04-22-2015, 02:32 AM
  • clint64
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
The soaps are vegan soaps for tallow guys.  I have just about finished up a tub of Confidence from their first run and have a tub of Passion as well.  I find them to provide very good slickness and cushion.  Post shave feel is very good as well.  Both have proved to be very easy to lather and last a long time.  I have found that the scents tend to round out and become much better after the first few uses.  I would compare them very favorably to Catie's Bubbles.  In fact I like the post shave feel of Soap Commander better. 

7 1,226
 04-24-2015, 05:25 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
I agree with all of the above. Great soap. I have had the Courage for a while now and really like it. The scent is great too...........

[Image: SOTD%203-5-15_zpsffnhkdqy.jpg]

4 2,764
 04-24-2015, 05:47 AM
User Info
   I have Endurance,  a nice I would say "old Spice" scent. Also, the Thanksliving seasonal soap. Very nice, smells like fall and apple cider. A harder soap than most, but I have no problem getting a great lather going. I would give the edge to my stiffer brushes maybe.  Very slick, great shave with them both. Darren is a nice guy to deal with too.

2 226
 04-24-2015, 05:55 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Hello Stefan, welcome to TSN. (I'm loving the H. Diamond 8000.) I'm chiming in here a little late, but wanted to add one more positive vote for Soap Commander. I love the large, deep jar that is so easy to lather from, and it's hard to beat the quality of their soaps and balms. It's really just a matter of picking out scents that one prefers.

38 5,111
 04-24-2015, 06:04 AM
User Info
(04-24-2015, 05:55 AM)evnpar Wrote: Hello Stefan, welcome to TSN. (I'm loving the H. Diamond 8000.) I'm chiming in here a little late, but wanted to add one more positive vote for Soap Commander. I love the large, deep jar that is so easy to lather from, and it's hard to beat the quality of their soaps and balms. It's really just a matter of picking out scents that one prefers.

Thanks for having me Richard. My order is on the way so soon I'll be able to enjoy the soap.

11 435
 04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
User Info
(04-21-2015, 05:42 PM)nwohio Wrote: Great soap. You can get the whole set of samples for $14 here:

The page says 9 samples, but there are 14 choices. Do we tell them which 9 we want?

Edit - Never mind it says that 9-pack excludes certain scents.

16 1,027
 04-24-2015, 03:03 PM
User Info
I agree with everyone on this thread, Soap Commander is one of the best vegan soaps I have tried. My personal fav is the confidence scent (Musk and Honey), but I also have Vision and Courage and both are excellant. Everything about this soap is good, from the performance and post-shave feel, to the water-proof labels and well made container. I have not tryed the balm myself, but may have to try it after everything that has been said in this thread. I recomend Soap Commander to anyone... Thumbsup  

3 78
 04-24-2015, 04:24 PM
User Info
(04-24-2015, 01:09 PM)crazindndude Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 05:42 PM)nwohio Wrote: Great soap. You can get the whole set of samples for $14 here:

The page says 9 samples, but there are 14 choices. Do we tell them which 9 we want?

Edit - Never mind it says that 9-pack excludes certain scents.

Pretty sure if you contact them you can get the scents that you want. 

15 98