06-23-2015, 09:57 PM
User Info
I sure hope the Flying Mango soap was politically correct. I say that jokingly. I have some sense of understanding with some of the issues some have with maker names or soap names. I really get turned off when I see how much foul language is used online or in conversations. It has just cheapened language overall and it just would help if it was used less, not necessarily abolished. I simply cannot relate to having to share the den with kids or a wife so I can buy whatever floats my boat with it looks like an offensive term or has a doofy name, which is something I really am more likely to hold off on.

84 1,691
 06-24-2015, 02:40 AM
User Info
To each their own. ..I am not a big fan of some of the names of a lot of products, but it goes both ways. I am a country boy who needs to be told this smells like dirt or oranges and spiced rum or bananas. ..I get a chuckle out of a lot of the names and I wouldn't say crap if I had a mouth full of it, but I own mudder fokker and keep it in a drawer rather than on the counter, but the ones that get me the most are the names that are not pronouncable or French or italian. ..name your product whatever you like. ..it gives me a look into the artisans personality. ..but somewhere on the label put "this soap smells like fern and pineapple with a hint of dirt " I don't like having to search for a description of the scent before I can put it in my shopping cart. ..and no, a description that says "this reminds me of my neighborhood when I was young". ..doesn't really help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11 61
 06-24-2015, 08:09 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I was walking in a tropical country and a mango went wizzing past my head. I have no objection to that one. 
French 'unpronouncable'? Pouvre petit Facepalm  The trick to any language is learning the pronunciation, train your
ear and approach pretty girls.

2 3,171
 06-24-2015, 08:34 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Not to worry about Flying Mango Soap.  The soap has mango oil in it and the Flying Mango's was a softball team Phil use to play on years ago.

182 25,472
 06-24-2015, 08:51 AM
User Info
(06-24-2015, 02:40 AM)shane.greene2 Wrote: To each their own. ..I am not a big fan of some of the names of a lot of products, but it goes both ways.  I am a country boy who needs to be told this smells like dirt or oranges and spiced rum or bananas. ..I get a chuckle out of a lot of the names and I wouldn't say crap if I had a mouth full of it, but I own mudder fokker and keep it in a drawer rather than on the counter, but the ones that get me the most are the names that are not pronouncable or French or italian. ..name your product whatever you like. ..it gives me a look into the artisans personality. ..but somewhere on the label put "this soap smells like fern and pineapple with a hint of dirt " I don't like having to search for a description of the scent before I can put it in my shopping cart. ..and no, a description that says "this reminds me of my neighborhood when I was young". ..doesn't really help.

I'm the same way, call the soap what you want but describe it to me a little bit. I was joking about my wife but I was a 10 nearly 11 year old boy once. While I don't censor my boy from things . I just don't want to haft to explain a sexual reference in s shave soap . Maybe on a few years not right now though lol.

3 1,356
 06-24-2015, 09:10 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
When I cross the bathroom threshold Walter Mitty joins me. We sometimes allude to the pleasure and deliberation of this ritual, bastion of masculinity
unencumbered by politic or social issues. I hear the brush going TAPOKET TAPOKET TAPOKET  on my soap cup and I am shaving with Sir Richard Burton in Africa, Shackelton sailing beyond compass and Cary Grant with the dinner jacket on the ocean liner bed. I reach for products that reflect that
ideal; not Benny Hill or Duck Dynasty.

2 3,171
 06-24-2015, 09:59 AM
User Info
(06-24-2015, 09:10 AM)kav Wrote: When I cross the bathroom threshold Walter Mitty joins me. We sometimes allude to the pleasure and deliberation of this ritual, bastion of masculinity
unencumbered by politic or social issues. I hear the brush going TAPOKET TAPOKET TAPOKET  on my soap cup and I am shaving with Sir Richard Burton in Africa, Shackelton sailing beyond compass and Cary Grant with the dinner jacket on the ocean liner bed. I reach for products that reflect that
ideal; not Benny Hill or Duck Dynasty.
I like it.  Thumbsup

64 5,180
 06-27-2015, 05:38 PM
User Info
(06-24-2015, 02:40 AM)shane.greene2 Wrote: To each their own. ..I am not a big fan of some of the names of a lot of products, but it goes both ways. I am a country boy who needs to be told this smells like dirt or oranges and spiced rum or bananas. ..I get a chuckle out of a lot of the names and I wouldn't say crap if I had a mouth full of it, but I own mudder fokker and keep it in a drawer rather than on the counter, but the ones that get me the most are the names that are not pronouncable or French or italian. ..name your product whatever you like. ..it gives me a look into the artisans personality. ..but somewhere on the label put "this soap smells like fern and pineapple with a hint of dirt " I don't like having to search for a description of the scent before I can put it in my shopping cart. ..and no, a description that says "this reminds me of my neighborhood when I was young". ..doesn't really help.

I endorse this post.

8 2,718