04-23-2015, 05:27 PM
  • e-dub
  • right brain: bna. left brain: dtw.
User Info
hello, everyone!

i'm looking for a knot, 28-30mm for a brush i'll be having commissioned. my two favorite brushes right now are a simpson chubby 2 in super and a morris + forndran in blonde. i don't think i'd be able to source a knot that performs like the morris + forndrand, but if i could i'd love it!

having said that, i think one that performs like the chubby may be more obtainable. this is an older brush that i actually got from a member of this very forum. the tips are VERY soft - the softest tips i've ever felt on a brush that doesn't have hooked ones - and the ludicrous density gives those fine hairs good backbone. does anyone have any insight on a knot with those characteristics? 

thanks for you help, everyone!

40 665
 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM
User Info
You might want to consider Shavemac as they would have the best option for stand-alone knots. Their D-01 3-Band hair is very nice and might meet your requirements, but I think you should consider their new Silvertip 2-Band hair as this has excellent backbone, great density and flow-through and almost gel-like tips. 
Good luck. 

82 21,056
 04-24-2015, 06:53 AM
  • e-dub
User Info
thank you so much, celestino! with the strong us dollar, a shavemac knot wouldn't hurt nearly as much as it would have a year ago. 

any other opinions out there?

40 665
 04-24-2015, 07:56 AM
User Info
No worries and you'll be hard-pressed to find any quality stand-alone knots that are for sale; none of them will even come close to the Shavemac ones.
Good luck.

82 21,056
 04-24-2015, 08:06 AM
  • e-dub
User Info
shavemac knots are that good, huh? i've never used any of their knots, but it seems they're about as good as it get!

40 665
 04-24-2015, 09:18 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I couldn't possibly agree more with Celestino's advice. The D01 3-band would be the closest stand alone knot to the Chubby 2 in softness and density though be aware that some batches of the D01 Silvertip may have a bit of scritch, I would advise sending a message to Bernd first to see if his current batch would meet your expectations.  The 2-band Silvertip from Shavemac is the best offering in their lineup, IMHO.  Their Finest, second from the bottom of their offerings in terms of quality, is probably the best value as I have yet to encounter a Finest knot with any scritch though their density is more in the middle of the road. 

139 2,677
 04-24-2015, 05:04 PM
User Info
Could someone PM me the contact or web addy for the Shavemac Knots, possibly Bernd's info? Serious buyer looking at numerous re-knots.. Kind Regards,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 21
 04-24-2015, 08:49 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(04-24-2015, 05:04 PM)BAD-RAD Wrote: Could someone PM me the contact or web addy for the Shavemac Knots, possibly Bernd's info? Serious buyer looking at numerous re-knots.. Kind Regards,.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.shavemac.com/products/Experts...ELECT.html

There you are sir!

139 2,677
 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM
User Info
Shave mac has them on their site, but get ready to pay for a knot that big in D01 3 band. 

49 356