04-25-2015, 06:30 PM
  • mbrando
  • Bolingbrook, IL USA
User Info
Hello,

I have listed 6 additional budget minded straight razor in our Budget Razor section. They are all sub $100 razors.

We recognize that many people are just looking for an affordable straight razor that will shave well. The Budget section lists straight razors we feel are an exceptional value. Budget does NOT mean junk. While they may not all be pretty to look at, They will all take a good shaving edge.

Also note that all of our razor ship shave ready. Here is a notable razor.

5/8 Genco Lincoln Full Hollow Grind - round point in Ornate porcelain gray urethane scales Geneva N.Y. A Beautiful restoration.

[Image: P1030155.jpg]

Sincerely,
Mike

0 108
 04-26-2015, 12:11 PM
  • nunhgrader
  • Prairie Village, KS USA
User Info
This is a really great idea - thanks - I have to check these out!

28 667
 04-27-2015, 06:06 AM
  • mbrando
  • Bolingbrook, IL USA
User Info
Hello,

Yeah, its something that we've tried to keep stocked. The blades we list will be a reasonable value in that they have been cleaned up and honed shave ready. Of course you can always find something on ebay. However, you'd still have to clean it and hone it in most cases. We really try to vet the razor. Some get tossed in the trash as they are junk e.g. cleaning reveals cracks in blade etc. 

Also if you are ever in the market for a specific razor or style let me know your budget and I'll see if I can hunt one down for you.

-Mike

0 108
 06-06-2015, 05:52 PM
  • mbrando
  • Bolingbrook, IL USA
User Info
Hello,

I have listed 6 additional budget minded straight razors in our Budget Razor section. They are all around the $100 mark.

Also note that all of our razor ship shave ready.

Here are two notable razors.

5/8 H Boker Red-Injun Full Hollow Grind

[Image: P1030314.jpg]

6/8 Fredrick Reynolds Half Hollow Grind

[Image: P1030300.jpg]

Read More - Budget Straight Razors

Sincerely,
Mike

0 108
 06-06-2015, 10:59 PM
User Info
Man these straights are actually very good looking!

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975
 06-07-2015, 03:46 AM
  • mbrando
  • Bolingbrook, IL USA
User Info
Hello

Thank you, some of them are very nice starter blades with some minor age spots. They are good brands and should shave well. I have not honed them yet.

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 108