04-26-2015, 08:04 AM
User Info
I recently had Rudy V put new knots on a couple of vintage brushes.  Sent back with the brushes ( which were fantastic and I can't say enough good things about Rudy ) was a sample puck of Stirling Barbershop.  It smelled great and I tossed it in my top drawer with the undershirts as I liked the fragrance - yeah, I know kind of strange.  Well, I decided today when I opened the drawer that I needed to take the puck for a spin.  Not sure why I was so surprised with the overall performance. Maybe because there is not as much interest in the forums on this or I missed it.  But let me say this soap lathered to a rich texture in a short amount of time - I bowl lathered.  Again, great smell and the amazing part for me was not only how well it lubricated but the smooth and non drying feel left after the shave.  I really like the barbershop scent and its not overpowering. 

I just went to their web site, read the story of Roderick and Amanda, was blown away with the affordable price and am figuring out my initial order today.  A couple of shaving soaps and a few bar soaps.  I will keep you posted and am sure there are other converts to this soap out there!  Give them a try.  

5 83
 04-26-2015, 08:17 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
They are very popular Armiger. Try searching Stirling Soaps, the top 2 threads will provide the most recent reviews and information.

59 4,503
 04-26-2015, 08:37 AM
User Info
I've recently tried Stirling for the first time and interestingly, the Barbershop scent, too. I am most impressed. Wonderful scent, very easy to lather, and great slickness with excellent post shave feel.
I can't believe I haven't tried Stirling sooner.

31 5,293
 04-26-2015, 08:47 AM
User Info
As noted earlier I did not want to infer that Stirling was not popular on the forum but that I likely had missed the threads in my visits.  As an update, I did go on the site and order a full puck of the Barbershop, the Lavender/Sage along with a few bars of bath soap and a couple of shaving tins.  Its going to be a good shave week when the package from Arkansas arrives!  

5 83
 04-26-2015, 08:50 AM
User Info
Great company with great products. I particularly like the Tuscany and Sharp Dressed Man, but I expect all of them are equally high quality!

16 1,027
 04-26-2015, 08:58 AM
User Info
It is among the more popular shaving soaps here. As for me, I am only willing to use the bath soaps. 

18 713
 04-26-2015, 01:43 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Well guys - here's a review of the Stirling Barbershop soap which is the first non-mentholated offering I ever had from Rod, and I love it!

Ease of lathering: 9/10--Work that arm, pump that brush, and you'll get GOOD lather!

Longevity of lather: 9/10--Very stable. Never dissipates.

General skincare: 10/10--So moisturizing, protective, and soothing. 

Scent: 10/10--That's what really blows me away. I love the old-school and REAL barbershop scent.

Price: 10/10--With Rod's prices you'll never go wrong. So affordable.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Oh gosh, YES. This soap is brilliant.

Up until now the only Stirling soaps I've used are the strongly-mentholated ones, as well as the insanely-intensely mentholated Glacials and I wanted to try one without any menthol and I'm so happy I bought the Barbershop. If you put in a little extra effort you'll be rewarded with great lather which is so rich, slick, and stable, a wonderful and true old-school, old-time barbershop scent which will make you feel you're in a 1950's or 60's barbershop, and some of the best skincare you get get from a soap. Price-wise, with Stirling you'll always win. Another thing is that Rod's customer service is marvellous. The man is a saint.

3 2,635
 04-26-2015, 03:25 PM
User Info
Stirling soaps are on the top of my rotation together with Mike's - fantastic glide, cushion and post-shave feel - Rod and Amanda are super nice as well, and a fantastic price. What more can you ask for...

7 905
 04-26-2015, 07:52 PM
User Info
For the price they cannot be beat

3 254
 04-26-2015, 08:00 PM
User Info
(04-26-2015, 08:47 AM)Armiger Wrote: As noted earlier I did not want to infer that Stirling was not popular on the forum but that I likely had missed the threads in my visits.  As an update, I did go on the site and order a full puck of the Barbershop, the Lavender/Sage along with a few bars of bath soap and a couple of shaving tins.  Its going to be a good shave week when the package from Arkansas arrives!  

Love Stirling... in fact.. I suggested to Rod the Lavender/Sage fragrance to how do you like it?

4 64
 04-29-2015, 01:51 PM
User Info
(04-26-2015, 08:00 PM)2005xfr Wrote:
(04-26-2015, 08:47 AM)Armiger Wrote: As noted earlier I did not want to infer that Stirling was not popular on the forum but that I likely had missed the threads in my visits.  As an update, I did go on the site and order a full puck of the Barbershop, the Lavender/Sage along with a few bars of bath soap and a couple of shaving tins.  Its going to be a good shave week when the package from Arkansas arrives!  

Love Stirling... in fact.. I suggested to Rod the Lavender/Sage fragrance to how do you like it?

Don't know yet.... Its in transit and will arrive in the next few days.  Stay tuned! 

5 83
 04-30-2015, 05:17 PM
User Info
I have a ton of Stirling products. All of them are top notch performance and scents. Ive never had a dud from Stirling.

49 356
 04-30-2015, 06:34 PM
User Info
I have tried a couple of dozen different Stirling products between bath soap, shaving soap, balm, splashes.  All are top performers and precisely as advertised.  You simply cannot beat the prices either.  The last few people I have given shaving soaps to as gifts have also bought quite a few more things and told me how pleased they were as well.  

26 246
 05-05-2015, 09:16 AM
User Info
I just used a sample of Executive Man today. That's a real winner. I can still smell it and it's 1:15pm and I used it at 6:30am

0 858
 05-12-2015, 03:57 PM
  • Longnecks
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
I have the Ozark Mountain, Sharped Dressed Man and a sample of the Barbershop which I used last week. All of these are such great soaps at a great price.

0 23
 05-13-2015, 05:01 AM
User Info
Stirling has become my favorite soap.  I have about a dozen full pucks I am rotating.  I love their splashes and balms, all of my bathrooms have their bath soaps in them, my daughter loves their lotions, and my son uses their AS splashes.

Rod and Mandy are an awesome couple to work with, and their price point is, IMO, unbeatable for the quality. I am also amazed at the number of products they juggle with just a few people working. It's a Mom n Pop company I really hope continues to make a go of it.

15 403
 05-13-2015, 06:23 PM
User Info
Looking forward to Island Man!

4 89
 05-18-2015, 05:26 AM
User Info
Hi,

Where can i find this soap in EU?

13 1,313
 05-18-2015, 05:31 AM
  • Aleksey
  • Enabler
  • Istanbul, Turkiye
User Info
I guess yourshaving.com has them all Rui. Smile

0 1,053
 05-18-2015, 05:35 AM
User Info
(05-18-2015, 05:31 AM)Aleksey Wrote: I guess yourshaving.com has them all Rui. Smile

Indeed. Thank you.

Any suggestion?

13 1,313