Has anyone tried the Dr Jon's soaps?

Andy

0 46
 04-26-2015, 06:33 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
Funny you mention it... I just picked up a tub of Hydra at my local Brick and Mortar store. I have had really mixed luck with "artisan" soaps recently and had vowed to stick with more "established" brands. Well, it turns out that Dr. Jon makes his soaps about 15 minutes away from where I live, so I thought I'd ignore my self-imposed ban on artisan soaps and give it a try.

Boy, I'm glad I did. First off, I really enjoy the scent of Hydra. However, being more of a "function over form" kinda guy, I was even more impressed with the performance. It's a semi-soft "croap" formula, but there was something different about the texture of this stuff. It lathered _very_ well, and the lather was significantly creamier then all other soaps I've tried. I can't t say for certain yet whether that is a good thing, but it is most definitely different from the other soaps out there, and _most_ definitely not a dud. (I've had a couple of those lately.)

Anyhow, I would certainly give it a positive recommendation, and I think Dr. Jon is representing central Ohio well. Wink

22 835
 04-26-2015, 07:28 PM
User Info
Craig, that is unfortunate that you are not having success with the artisan soaps as there are some amazing ones, out there. 

83 21,109
 04-29-2015, 06:12 PM
User Info
I have couple of Dr. Jon's soaps, they are both  excellent.  This is a YMMV, but for me Dr. Jon's makes better lather than some very popular in the shaving circles artisan soaps.

11 435
 04-29-2015, 07:15 PM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
Tried the Hydra and ended up selling it. LASS Bespoke is the only Artisan soap that works for me. 

48 684
 04-30-2015, 06:58 AM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
The scent of that "hex" must be awesome. Someday I'll grab one.

4 447