04-28-2015, 07:21 PM
User Info
So my order of new shaving supplies was on my door step waiting for me when I got home.

The grooming company synthetic badger brush, merkur 34C HD, and the Huntlee master lather sweet tobacco shave soap.

Needless to say I couldn't wait. I started my preshave routine. Hot towel,jack blacks beard lube and lathered up with the sweet tobacco. Let me stop here I was a little apprehensive of the soap upon opening it and smelling it. It was sort of a dud. But as I lathered up I actually began to really dig the scent it was like pow here it is. The grooming company synthetic brush looked like a baby's toy when opening it but another surprise was awaiting me. It was one of the smallest softest loft brushes I have used to date. So I did my three pass routine with the merkur 34c with merkur blade and it gave a great shave. I proceed to use my alum block followed by my rose water toner. I let that dry and followed up with my ogallala bay bay sage & cedar aftershave, and Nivea sensitive balm. What a great end to a great day. Thank you bullgoose and tsn!!!! Biggrin

Here is one problem though I am leaving a little hair or stubble by my Adam's apple every time and it is hard to get. More pressure = more pain. I have tried everything any suggestions.

Thanks

4 208
 04-28-2015, 08:37 PM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I alternately stretch the skin to the left and then to the right of the Adam's apple in order move the skin off of the top of it.  When the skin is pulled to the side and is in flatter territory it is accessible to the razor.  Works fine for me.

1 795
 04-29-2015, 05:04 AM
User Info
Welcome to TSN.  Bullgoose set you up with some nice gear.  Your Merkur 34C is not just a great first razor.  It's a razor you never outgrow and can serve you well no matter how experienced you become.

50 6,106
 04-29-2015, 07:26 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
(04-28-2015, 08:37 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I alternately stretch the skin to the left and then to the right of the Adam's apple in order move the skin off of the top of it.  When the skin is pulled to the side and is in flatter territory it is accessible to the razor.  Works fine for me.

+1

I also tilt my head back to stretch my neck while maintaining a line of sight in the mirror.

7 2,159
 04-29-2015, 08:29 AM
User Info
(04-29-2015, 07:26 AM)chazt Wrote:
(04-28-2015, 08:37 PM)Teddyboy Wrote: I alternately stretch the skin to the left and then to the right of the Adam's apple in order move the skin off of the top of it.  When the skin is pulled to the side and is in flatter territory it is accessible to the razor.  Works fine for me.

+1

I also tilt my head back to stretch my neck while maintaining a line of sight in the mirror.

Watch your Adams apple in the mirror as you swallow. At one point it moves up. When it does that just hold the swallow and don't let it drop. Shave that spot and your good. The above mentioned ways are also good as well but I find this works best for me. 

147 3,539
 04-29-2015, 10:40 AM
User Info

+3

83 21,081
 04-29-2015, 10:48 AM
User Info
(04-29-2015, 10:40 AM)celestino Wrote:

+3
I thought that was my secret trick.

I guess that makes it +4

8 2,718