04-29-2015, 12:12 PM
User Info
Afternoon Gentlemen,

I recently acquired a Mongoose PH2 from the BST. It arrived in mint condition. Yesterday after my 1st shave with it, I noticed there was a fine scratch on the top cap. I was not careless with the razor, it just seems like this finish is very sensitive and easily scratched. Is there anything I can do to buff the scratch out?

80 947
 04-29-2015, 12:39 PM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I took mine to a local jeweler I trusted, and he was able to polish scratches out pretty easily.

Now, I only use a microfiber cloth to wipe the razor .. and of course am extremely careful about not dropping the razor. Biggrin

102 18,668
 04-29-2015, 12:50 PM
User Info
Thanks for the tip, I am going to look around my area to see if I can find a jeweler who can provide that service.

My countertop in the den is quartz and I have a feeling that when I was loading the blade the head must have got a scratch from that. Now I know better and I will be sure to be extra careful with it.

80 947
 05-10-2015, 10:15 AM
User Info
I have had great luck with Mothers Billet Metal Polish.It's a little pricy @ $20 a can but it last a long time!You can find this polish at most good car shops,it is made to use on Aluminum Wheels & motor cycles[that's where I learned about it.I use it on my King Cobra all the time as it has a real crappy finish,cleans & brightens in 5 minutes.............Ernie

20 441